Fall run is starting to heat up in Winchester

M
MCKENZIE STEEL
I spent 6 hrs. from the 101 bridge to the bend trolling cut plug herring and hooked up with two fish. There was a lot of other boats and I saw maybe 30 fish caught. So, even though the tides weren't perfect, they're in!

p.s. the seals were THICK and way more successful than us.

Reactions: bigsteel
P
plumb2fish
Thanks for the first hand report

R
rippin fish lips
yeah thanks! thinkin about makin a bankin trip to the qua

A
alseaalumaweld
what pound test you guys use when seal fishing?

R
rippin fish lips
if im trolling i use 30 pound main line, braded, and then a 25 pound 3-5 foot leadter. but i think ima go to pline and get rid of the braided. Also thinkin about usin the light gear for a coho..

T
Thuggin4Life
I use 40 lb mainline .45 cal leader for seals.

Reactions: OnTheFly, capblack and bigsteel
J
joesnuffy
Thuggin4Life said:
I use 40 lb mainline .45 cal leader for seals.

Sounds like you have it figured out.

Reactions: OnTheFly
A
alseaalumaweld
I use 40 lb mainline .45 cal leader for seals. all try that thanks :)

T
Thuggin4Life
Just dont tell them it was my idea if you get in trouble. I'll be down on that stretch all day tomorrow!!!

A
alseaalumaweld
i just want to catch and release :)

M
MCKENZIE STEEL
I've been using 40lb. mainline with a 30 lb. leader and 17lb. drop line to my sinker

.22 caliber test seems to be tough enough for seals

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah i need to invest in .410 seal test.

J
JeannaJigs
There was a pack of no less than 10 seals all grouped together at once there yesterday above the bend. There are mothers with little babies, teaching them to be diabolical hooked salmon assassins. It's no good, no good at all. At least they aren't ginormous freakin' sealions! although i'm sure there are some of those around too!

J
jawjacker
I got spooled last year at half moon bay on my first hook up of the year chucking king fishers for coho by one of those darn things. I fully suport the use of .22 cal leaders, .45cal droppers, dupont spinners but a 30-06 with a scope is more my style. Go get um boys.

A
alseaalumaweld
10 yesterday how many are left today haha

M
MCKENZIE STEEL
well, i'm headed out tomorrow to run from the seals again............ hopefully they're letting up a little? ya i know see ya on the water sunday a.m.

look for the boat dragging a stringer of seals

LadyoftheLake
LadyoftheLake
We are heading out in the morning to fish for those Fall 'nooks at Winchester Bay. Look for the boat: Lady of the Lake!

J
jawjacker
Im gona go slay the bay tomarrow and the next day Ill keep ya posted

M
MCKENZIE STEEL
wow, i think i gathered enough sea grass to fill a dump truck, but six hours on the water produced zero action......... won't keep me from trying again!

P
plumb2fish
got a 25ish on saturday, lost one at least 30 to a seal later....sunday was SLOW.... reedsport 2011.jpg