Trout fishing in area?

M
michigan_transplant
With the rivers probably being chocolate milk, I was thinking about trying to find some trout. If you were to go at this time of year where would it be? Thanks, all input is appreciated.

B
bigboy70
get a reg book and see whats open not a lot of options the season is coming though

V
VertolNut
Also be sure to check out the ODFW website for a stocking schedule. They have lots of good ponds in the area to hit this time of year.

T
TTFishon
I'm lucky cause I live within an hour of 9 different reservoirs that are open year around. How far are you willing to drive?

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
michigan_transplant said:
With the rivers probably being chocolate milk, I was thinking about trying to find some trout. If you were to go at this time of year where would it be? Thanks, all input is appreciated.

St Louis Ponds are open. It's a little bit of a walk this time of year - as I think the road into the park is gated and they keep it locked in the winter. The park is still open however, and you can walk in and fish. There's a bunch of ponds with a host of fish, including stocker rainbows.

If you want to drive - head south, or east. Lots of reservoirs open if you're willing to drive. And in 2 weeks, Hagg Lake will be open, if you can wait.

troutdude
troutdude
Nice to see you posting again MT. If you have a boat/toon; might be worth a trip to Lake Harriet (check road conditions first).

O
Outdoorxj
bigboy70 said:
get a reg book and see whats open not a lot of options the season is coming though

Oh yeah that's a good resource!

A
Astonleo
Living near by Willow Lake.Honor to recommend Willow Lake cause it offers fishing on stocked rainbow trout, as well as largemouth bass, black crappie, bluegill and yellow perch.
Have a boat, it’s worthy to visit and fish there.