Spey day

K
K406
Northwest Flyfishing Outfitters is having their Spey Day Saturday at Barton Park. Anyone going? Anyone been and have thoughts on it? I'm new to spey this past year, so will be going to check it out; meant to go the past couple years but didn't work out timing wise, but I will be there finally this time.

K

Last edited:
Irishrover
Irishrover
The folks at there shop seemed to know their stuff. I've purchased line and leaders from them before. The price was right, and I walked away with a good skagit line. Might be worth a trip to the water with them if you are getting into spey casting.

K
K406
I have purchased some line, a reel for my switch rod, and other gear from them, and have enjoyed their help every time. I'm looking forward to getting a little direction in spey casting, as I am struggling to figure it all out on my own. Should be fun! I plan on getting out there nice and early to practice some casting before hand.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Have a good time out there. I understand it will be a bit on the cold side.

K
K406
Good report from spey day. Was able to get some help from the guys there from the fly shop on where I'm going wrong on spey casting. The R.J. Winston rods were sweet! I'm definitely gonna be in the market for one of them soon. It was like driving a sports car as opposed to a lawn mower... Overall a good experience; the weather couldn't have been better, and I can't wait to get out to the river to practice some casting after getting some great direction from the NWFFO guys.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Time on the river does help a lot. I used to learn a cast then run down to Dodge Park to practice. A lawn mower to a sports car great analogy.