Carp talk this Saturday

T
TimberTodd
I read that John Montana is going to be at Royal Treatment Fly Shop in Oregon City this Saturday talking about carp on the fly. For those interested it looks to be informative.
With that said let the carp bashing begin:).

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
TimberTodd said:
I read that John Montana is going to be at Royal Treatment Fly Shop in Oregon City this Saturday talking about carp on the fly. For those interested it looks to be informative.
With that said let the carp bashing begin:).

No bashing here. I've caught one (1) carp with a fly rod. I got schooled, and it took a long time of serious carp hunting to get it done. I've made two steelhead outings this year - and spooked the only two steelhead I've even *seen* (on a run I wasn't fishing, I was hunting for a place to cross the river and stumbled across them, spooking them). I'm seriously contemplating chasing carp at a certain pond rather than spending all day hiking a frozen river bank hunting for fish that in many cases aren't even there.

Wish I could make John's talk - but I gotta work Saturdays. Should be very informative for those who go!

H
hydropsyche
I kinda feel the same way spending countless hours fishing the D for steel only to have your hopes broken when it tuns out to be a 20" redside or 20" whitefish (only time I have ever been disapointed by a 20" fish). When I could go to the Columbia and get spooled by 30" carp. I might have to get in to this. Not to mention there is a tons of carp on the Willy from portland to Eugene. It might be time for me to exploit this enormously huge resource.

J
john montana
Hope to see a bunch of you guys there! I am bringing a bunch of carp on the fly hats, and will be staying until about 2 to tie flies.

Gotta add a picture to any carp thread. A solid big C fish from 2013.

62c744aeb976ad8e006646ffa3a660cf_zpsf20496e2.jpg

M
Modest_Man
I may have to show up just for a hat...any chance you can show what they look like?

Edit: Found them on your blog. Carp cookies...yum! ;)

Edit #2: I like your table.

H
halibuthitman
john montana said:
Hope to see a bunch of you guys there! I am bringing a bunch of carp on the fly hats, and will be staying until about 2 to tie flies.

Gotta add a picture to any carp thread. A solid big C fish from 2013.

62c744aeb976ad8e006646ffa3a660cf_zpsf20496e2.jpg
Photo shop

J
john montana
Modest_Man said:
I may have to show up just for a hat...any chance you can show what they look like?

I will have at least one of each of these with me. Running low on some of these though.

d7dd6035f304a1b47460f3a8b6b9685b_zps25ecaad0.jpg