18 LB Common carp video

I
igquick

Here is an extended video version of the 18 lb Common Carp I caught last Spring. A lot people were asking for more "raw" video footage to see how long they actually take to reel in. Honestly, I can't even watch this video without throwing up because it's such a shaky video.

18+lb+common+carp.png

bass
bass
Carp fishing is definitely a blast. Thanks for posting the video!

F
Fishpdx
WOW Thats a BIg Carp:yikes: Where were you fishing, cus It kinda looks like Chinook Landing

L
Leon Fish
nice fish.... I still want to give carp a try. What are you using for video?

J
john montana
Nice clean looking fish IG.

I
igquick
@bass your welcome...you been catchin some sturgeon lately?

@Carp yup you guessed it! They can be caught from the small sloughs that you see when you enter and from the river bank as well

@Leon Fish @John Montana Thanks guys, I was using corn on a size 6 J hook but that's not how I caught it. What happened is that I was fishing around a bed of bait, and when I decided to leave, I jerked the rod and it seemed like I caught a small snag. As I reeled it in about 10 feet away from me, it ran 50 yards in a matter of minutes. I started recording the video after it already to a minute worth of line from my reel. It got snagged on the tail as you could tell at the end of the video.

bass
bass
igquick said:
@bass your welcome...you been catchin some sturgeon lately?

I have not been fishing in over a month due to family obligations and work. I am hoping to get out this weekend and break in the 2014 license.

S
Smj
Great fish bro!

I
igquick
@bass dang.... yea me too...family, friends, work, and working out obligations.... i still need a license....

@smj Thanks man, how has the fishing been goin?