Fishing the Willy

L
lilsalmon
Went to the Willy with bigsteel and OnTheFly and his dog, Chloe (sp?). It has been awhile since we fished with Jim. Had an excellent day. We all got fishes so there was no skunkage. We found some really awesome water but the fish just did not want what we offered. I, personally got 1 smolt, 1 nice white fish, and 3 cuttys. I got the cuttys swinging a soft hackle. All in all it was a great day.

P3091050.jpg

P3091049.jpg

P3091052.jpg

P3091046.jpg

Guys, does this look familiar?

grumpy cat.jpg

Reactions: igquick
E
eugene1
good work lilsalmon. I was hoping you guys slayed some springers in P town on flys!, but looks like good times at any rate!

Best,

J
JeannaJigs
Kind of offended you were in my hood and didn't give me a holler. Haha just kidding, I was having a most excellent sleep, like the dead. It was glorious. Seriously.

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
definitely great trip!!!can't ask for better weather...60 degrees and great friends made the day.

Last edited:
S
Spydeyrch
Nicely done there guys!! :clap:

Love the gloves there Rose! :D Are they wool?

-Spydey

pinkygonzales
pinkygonzales
Way to go fellas! That makes me want to break out the 5wt. After getting skunked YET AGAIN swinging for steel, I'm ready for a little action, even if it's on a smaller scale.

T
TimberTodd
Looks like a great time. Did you break in that new 3 wt Rose?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Way to go you fly flingers! :lol:

O
OnTheFly
Awesome day awesome time. Before we even got a line in the water, I thought I had jeopardized the whole trip when I realized I had brought a banana with my lunch.:rolleyes: We all caught fish so I guess it's just a superstition. That's a relief. Somebody should tell about the mad redneck we encountered in the parking lot.:think:

S
Spydeyrch
OnTheFly said:
... Somebody should tell about the mad redneck we encountered in the parking lot.:think:

So be that somebody and spill the beans man!!!! :lol:

-Spydey

L
lilsalmon
TimberTodd said:
Looks like a great time. Did you break in that new 3 wt Rose?

I went fishing instead of going back to the expo....actually, responsibility won out over spending money on myself. I think Don will still give me some type of deal, tho. Just have to travel to Portland.

L
lilsalmon
bedtime story.....

bedtime story.....

I am sitting here laughing and I haven't even told the story yet...okay here goes (it may be one of those "you had to be there" stories but I will give it a go).

We go to this park on the Willamette that we had never been to before...someone needs to pipe in here with the name. We do the whole loop through and come upon a parking area, where, if you pull in to a spot you can look at a real nice map. Well, instead of pulling in, Jim just slowly pulls up in front of the map as there was just one "empty" van sitting in one of the spots. Okay you have to picture this now....The front of Jim's truck pulled up to the side of this van and three heads turned to the hard right looking at the map.....I think we all turned back at the same time and noticed this old guy in the driver seat of this van staring at us....might be because Jim's headlights were on and could have been annoying? Well, we didn't see him in there when we pulled up and it WAS obvious we were looking at the map...so Jim just slowly pulls out onto the road...AND THE OLD COOT PULLS OUT AND FOLLOWS US! We find a turnout to pull in and he stops behind us kind of catty corner to the back of Jim's truck (I think he was getting the plate #) Gonna turn in the crack heads hangin out in the park....Anywho, he slooooooowly pulls up next to us and stops and just stares!!!! This was like the most evil look I have ever seen...grumpy cat is nothing compared to the look this guy gives us...and he sits there for a spell just glaring at us. I am thinking we are going to have to get out and beat up some old guy when he pulls off and heads off down the road....WTF? Anyway, probly had to be there but it was quite funny and entertained us the rest of the trip. That's it.....well, there was some other discussions but the boys will have to fill that in...hehe

E
eugene1
That's pretty funny stuff! Whenever I roll into a fishing launch and see non fishing type cars/and or guys hanging around I usually suspect that they are there for drugs or gay sex.

Not sure what to make of that old man patrolling the lot tho other than he was sizing you guys up for something?

Best,