Incredible fishapocalypse in Norway!!!

troutdude
troutdude
Man this is insane!

Fishapocalypse.jpg

E
eugene1
Interesting, I wonder what kind of fish they are? Didn't see the species named in the link?

On a different but somewhat related subject, it sounds like the runs of Atlantic salmon there have really been altered/decreased by all of the net pen salmon farming in the fiords there. I wonder how the fishermen there feel about it?

Best,

M
Modest_Man
Looks like a species of pollock from the larger photos.

jamisonace
jamisonace
This fisherman here is adamantly opposed to farmed fish for that exact reason. Same thing is happening in BC.

eugene1 said:
Interesting, I wonder what kind of fish they are? Didn't see the species named in the link?

On a different but somewhat related subject, it sounds like the runs of Atlantic salmon there have really been altered/decreased by all of the net pen salmon farming in the fiords there. I wonder how the fishermen there feel about it?

Best,

troutdude
troutdude
Ian Anderson, of Jethro Tull, may be partially to blame. He is a big-time fish farmer.

S
scarekrow
Looks like the chaulk man was here.

Actually the fish look more like herring or mackerel. Torpedo like body and just about a foot long. We used to catch them during this time of year off the Jersey coast.

H
halibuthitman
troutdude said:
Ian Anderson, of Jethro Tull, may be partially to blame. He is a big-time fish farmer.

I always disliked jethro tull..

H
halibuthitman
They look like juvenile True Cod to me. Crazy stuff

troutdude
troutdude
halibuthitman said:
I always disliked jethro tull..

Now you have another reason.

P.S. Thank you, to whomever fixed the title!