Steelhead pics - this season !!!

T
Tacomasteelheader
:bleh: check em out!!! some beastly yarn ball fish
my fish: DSCF1205_2.jpgDSCF1208.jpgCAM00085.jpg<--12lb clipper CAM00010.jpg
buddies fish: CAM00086.jpgDSCF1206.jpg1509016_542876002466343_676220303_n.jpg1507746_552873728133237_1492447000_n.jpg

Reactions: fishinmachine
M
markasd
Nice fish! Good times right there..

18406ej
18406ej
Nice fish!

The sepia-toned glamour shots kind of make me wonder, but nice fish!

Yours,

EJ

T
Tacomasteelheader
sepia toned glamour shots are to try and conseal the location of what river/place i caught the fish lol

F
fishinmachine
Nice fish.

S
steelhead1
Chromers! Nice fish!

18406ej
18406ej
Tacomasteelheader said:
sepia toned glamour shots are to try and conseal the location of what river/place i caught the fish lol

My Friend,

I was in no way suggesting any deviousness when commenting on the glamour shots. I was simply querying the use of such image-editing application to what was an otherwise manly action series. I am guessing your girlfriend got PhotoShop for Christmas?

Just so you know, our Forum web settings apply a "blind" proxy filter to image uploads, only accepting .jpeg files if the image is embedded with the GPS coordinate tags documenting the location where each individual photo was taken. If images received via the OFF uploading site do not have the proper settings active, the server will generate a "download failed" message accompanied with generic directions that will cause the necessary tags to be turned "on" by the submitting member, who foolishly thinks that he/she is simply reducing the pixel-file size settings.

In short, we already know the "who", "what", "when", "why" and most importantly the "where" of any successfully uploaded image. The "how" being irrelevant to us unless snagging was involved. Of course you and other users will now rush to remove the GPS information tag from each of your respective files, thinking that you are pretty damn smart. But apparently not smart enough to know that we have six experienced and highly trained geologists on our staff, four of whom specialize in fresh-water basaltic/crystalline mineral formation recognition and having more skills than you could shake a stick at. Just by looking at the rocks in your background these staff members are flawless in their ability to determine not only the waterway depicted, but also the distance upstream from the ocean discharge point where the image was captured, the location of the nearest park bathroom facilities (via visual clues indicating the presence of urea salts on adjacent boulders) and the specific name of the store where you purchased the bait- because people are always too stupid to think of editing out the label on the nearby foam container.

So don't ever feel like you need to add such whimsical and delightful photo effects as the silk-curtained, ecru-textured and sepia-tinged 1967 Playboy-style images you have provided above. Say it loud and say it proud... "This photo was taken: ".

Yours,

Eamon

M
markasd
Lmfao!

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
I'm going to agree with all the other guys and say "nice fish!"

T
troutmasta
18406ej said:
My Friend,
we have six experienced and highly trained geologists on our staff, four of whom specialize in fresh-water basaltic/crystalline mineral formation recognition and having more skills than you could shake a stick at.

Actually my background is Pacific NW Hydrology, but I like to dab in Geomorphology.

T
Tacomasteelheader
18406ej said:
My Friend,

Just so you know, our Forum web settings apply a "blind" proxy filter to image uploads, only accepting .jpeg files if the image is embedded with the GPS coordinate tags documenting the location where each individual photo was taken.

In short, we already know the "who", "what", "when", "why" and most importantly the "where" of any successfully uploaded image. The "how" being irrelevant to us unless snagging was involved.

Yours,

Eamon

moderator, lol you crack me up im glad that you and your nerds spend enough time wishing and typing away at the key board, im sure your plugging away to figure out if you could find the places that i fish and catch the beasts like i do in their natural state.

i would say that i have landed 58 steelhead in 8 trips but that would seem blown out of proportion so you can think what you want and how you want to, but be assured that you or most any other people wouldn't last long in the places that me and my buddies fish, and no i do not snag fish i leave that for the less sporting type people, even if i lined a fish by accident and it was inside the mouth i would keep it if it was clipped so i could care less what anyone thinks on here. yeah one of my pictures has a fish laying on the rocks with the yarn ball that i took out of its mouth and set on its face big whoop.......

and if anyone has anything else to say i would brightly meet in person and see if anyone has the balls to say these same words face to face, unlike hiding them selves behind some screen.

ill just let my fish catching speak for its self because this is fishing talk am i wrong?!

and no i am not some newby member to this forum , have been here for a year i get how the forum works and all the judgmental crap that people say or do to try and seem legit on fishing forums.......not bashing on anyone i just think that the fishing forum world is blown to a different social image that everyone must follow these standards etc, including that if i post a fish laying on the ground im a bad person, or if i floss a fish that makes me a bad fisherman or person, who cares it should be layed back and chill just like how a day on the river is every time i go and if people want to fish a certain way and its different for you then keep it to your self , but unfortunately its not :sad:.......yeah there are certain things of fishing etiquette that i think everyone should have and we should all use them like how to handle a fish, not cast over peoples lines, go to less popular areas and learn how to steelhead fish rather than crowd hard working fisherman who wake up early, its called respect once you earn that you can fish in crowds etc,,,,,,,,rant over

Last edited:
H
halibuthitman
Anythings possible on the Umpqua...

Reactions: TTFishon
T
todd_brooks
Wow!

18406ej
18406ej
Tacomasteelheader said:
moderator, lol you crack me up im glad that you and your nerds spend enough time wishing and typing away at the key board, im sure your plugging away to figure out if you could find the places that i fish and catch the beasts like i do in their natural state.

i would say that i have landed 58 steelhead in 8 trips but that would seem blown out of proportion so you can think what you want and how you want to, but be assured that you or most any other people wouldn't last long in the places that me and my buddies fish, and no i do not snag fish i leave that for the less sporting type people, even if i lined a fish by accident and it was inside the mouth i would keep it if it was clipped so i could care less what anyone thinks on here. yeah one of my pictures has a fish laying on the rocks with the yarn ball that i took out of its mouth and set on its face big whoop.......

and if anyone has anything else to say i would brightly meet in person and see if anyone has the balls to say these same words face to face, unlike hiding them selves behind some screen.

ill just let my fish catching speak for its self because this is fishing talk am i wrong?!

Tacomastersteelheader,

Rather than go to the trouble of otherwise communicating past events, I am posting here a copy of the PM I sent you yesterday, January 14, at 11:04 AM.

My friend,

Sorry for the delay in responding- my iPad makes it difficult for my eyes to see that I have messages waiting.

Please be assured that I entertain myself by writing posts that are not always based on any truth, fact or otherwise in the realm of possibility. Especially if it sounds that I am being mean. If I post material of a true and serious nature I mark those posts as such, or else use the Moderator-green text which is reserved for warnings.

In regard to the warning I issued to you, take it as a serious note to a relative newcomer to refrain from commenting on dishonest practices, unlawful angling techniques or otherwise immoral or illegal matters. We have a very outspoken group of members with a strong and vocal dislike for such posts, as you saw over the last few days. I have contacted all of the other members involved in issuing rude and improper language in the "Steelhead Reel" thread to remind them all to respond in a more respectful manner while in a dispute over a posting. If you ever feel that you are being treated rudely or improperly by any OFF member in the future, please let a Moderator know this so that we can review the matter and resolve any problems swiftly.

You seem like a knowledgeable young man with a lot to offer us, and I do look forward to reading your comments and helpful insights well into the future. You can obviously catch good-looking fish, and people here always enjoy good photos of the catch, but preferably not in the edited form of boudoir portraits.

Oh- and this is very important: Even if you catch a good looking fish lawfully (which you obviously do), carefully examine all pictures that you upload because there are times when lawful catches might appear to be foul due to hook or leader positions. It is best to submit photos of the fish with any tackle removed just to avoid potential (if unfounded) negative comments.

This is even MORE important: If you ever practice catch and release protocols, NEVER upload an image depicting a catch and release fish a) laying on the ground or rocks, b) being held in the hands while out of the water, c) suspended in midair at the end of the leader or d) clearly having some traumatic injury that is most likely going to kill the fish not long after release. Keep any catch and release fish in the water, gently restrained by one's hands and snap a quick pic. THEN post the image. The depiction of a catch and release victim handled any other way will, I assure you, cause you to be crucified by many of our members for doing so, and in a manner that will make poor Jesus' death look like a pleasant day in the park.

Please let me know if you have any questions or ever need advice on material that you believe might be controversial.

It's good to have your Amish-bearded ass on the Forum.

Eamon

T
troutmasta
Tacomasteelheader said:
moderator, lol you crack me up im glad that you and your nerds spend enough time wishing and typing away at the key board, im sure your plugging away to figure out if you could find the places that i fish and catch the beasts like i do in their natural state.....,,,,,,,,rant over

His first post said "Nice Fish"-

No one said you were snagging- He said we would care of anyone was, which we would.

Ease up on the whole "meet face to face" threats. They are prohibited.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

Those are some Chrome fish!

We value members like you who great pics and good input.

Keep it up, steel season is young!

-TM-

D
DrTheopolis
Tacomasteelheader said:

For realz?

Calling out "Internet Tough Guy" by being "Internet Tough Guy" is always fresh.

18406ej
18406ej
Tacomasteelheader said:

and no i am not some newby member to this forum , have been here for a year i get how the forum works and all the judgmental crap that people say or do to try and seem legit on fishing forums.......not bashing on anyone i just think that the fishing forum world is blown to a different social image that everyone must follow these standards etc, including that if i post a fish laying on the ground im a bad person, or if i floss a fish that makes me a bad fisherman or person, who cares it should be layed back and chill just like how a day on the river is every time i go and if people want to fish a certain way and its different for you then keep it to your self , but unfortunately its not :sad:.......yeah there are certain things of fishing etiquette that i think everyone should have and we should all use them like how to handle a fish, not cast over peoples lines, go to less popular areas and learn how to steelhead fish rather than crowd hard working fisherman who wake up early, its called respect once you earn that you can fish in crowds etc,,,,,,,,rant over

Tacomasteelheader,

I apologize for assuming that you are a newer OFF member, an incorrect premise on my part based on the number of posts you have submitted and further suggested by your improper comments, apparent unfamiliarity with Forum rules, rude behavior and overall lack of common sense when submitting your posts.

Here is text from the first warning that I issued, and in a most genteel manner, based on comments you made in the Steelhead Fishing thread "Steelhead Reel", said warning being issued only two days ago:

"I can tell by your posts that you mean well and have a lot to offer to the Forum, and I certainly don't foresee any future warnings as likely. Like any of the rest of us, occurrence of any such future warning(s) would fall solely under improper or non-existent application of common sense on the violator's part".

It is unfortunate that you either failed to read, failed to understand or simply chose to blithely disregard what was a most plainly worded piece of advice. As a somewhat compassionate person I gave the first warning in the gentlest and most comprehensive manner that I could, carefully worded so to make you feel that you were not being picked on and to help you retain a feeling that you were being treated with the proper respect that a Moderator should give to all Forum members.

In this case however I won't be so polite. Your failure to have familiarized yourself with Forum rules despite the suggestion that you do so has resulted in your posting a message that is:

-Insulting
-Confrontational
-Inappropriate
-Offensive
-Harmful
-Threatening
-Irritating
-Dishonest
-Inciting of strife.

Or in other words, inclusive of 8 out of the 11 descriptors of prohibited acts in Forum rule 1.1, and evidence that you actually do not "get how the Forum works". Despite your post and it's overall tone of being confrontational, the most serious matter is your mention that, "if anyone has anything else to say i would brightly meet in person and see if anyone has the balls to say these same words face to face, unlike hiding them selves behind some screen". We here at OFF consider what can most reasonably be construed as a threatening act to be a most serious violation. And the word "brightly" is a synonym of the word "intelligent", a word in no way descriptive of your entire post, let alone the manner in which one would meet a Forum member under the circumstance described.

Because of the decidedly aggressive nature of your post, the number of violations included therein, the short period since your first warning on a matter along these same lines and your own irresponsibility and lack of common sense in choosing to disregard the first warning I am issuing you a second warning.

IN ADDITION because of the factors described above, I am issuing a THREE-DAY BAN due to the egregious nature of your violation(s). It is my hope that you will use this time to cool off, think of better ways of communicating in the civil manner the OFF members are accustomed and held to, and most importantly to consider whether OFF is the right forum for you and whether you might find a different online offering more along the lines of your ways.

You have been a member of OFF for a year, seemingly without improper behavior. I hope that should you choose to return to and remain with OFF that you will return with the right mindset.

Sincerely, respectfully and regretfully,

Eamon

SEE ALSO: OFF Forum Rules Section Two (2.1-2.4)

T
Throbbit _Shane
LOL @ this tough guy and his glamour edits of Umpqua Fish.

Btw. Nice fish!

T
Tacomasteelheader
Throbbit _Shane said:
LOL @ this tough guy and his glamour edits of Umpqua Fish.

Btw. Nice fish!

thanks we try to work hard for our fish , just trying to keep my spots from turning into the alsea meat hole :yikes:

H
halibuthitman
Not much of a secret... It's the most well known famous steelhead river in the world for about 75 years now. Very nice fish for sure-