Recent reports?

J
jleepga
Has anyone been having any luck for smallies recently? I'm heading down next week and was wondering if the cooler weather this year has been affecting the fishing.

Tight lines everyone.

E
eat, sleep, fish
jleepga said:
Has anyone been having any luck for smallies recently? I'm heading down next week and was wondering if the cooler weather this year has been affecting the fishing.

Tight lines everyone.

The Big K Ranch has been posting quite a few pictures the last few days so I imagine its pretty good. I don't think it's the 150+ fish a day fishing that it can normally produce, but it should still be pretty decent.

T
Team CF
Where are you going next week?

J
jleepga
Team CF said:
Where are you going next week?

We are staying in Elkton, so we'll be fishing in that area. To be honest it's our first trip so we are kinda wingin' it. Any advice? We are bringing our toons to open up more options.

T
Team CF
If you go to Yellow Creek put in and float down to the Kellog bridge that is a pretty good float. Other then that you could try putting in at Sawyers Rapids and paddling out in that area, there are probably salmon in there by now (summer steelhead for sure) and there should be bass everywhere you go. The colder weather we had this year didn't really seem to effect the rivers, if anything they are better overall, I would just take senkos, tubes, and rapalas and you should catch fish all day long.

J
jleepga
Team CF said:
If you go to Yellow Creek put in and float down to the Kellog bridge that is a pretty good float. Other then that you could try putting in at Sawyers Rapids and paddling out in that area, there are probably salmon in there by now (summer steelhead for sure) and there should be bass everywhere you go. The colder weather we had this year didn't really seem to effect the rivers, if anything they are better overall, I would just take senkos, tubes, and rapalas and you should catch fish all day long.

Thanks for the info. How is the water on those floats? My dad probably doesn't want to tackle any serious rapids. Thanks again.