Sandy or Wilson???

S
Spooner
Hello all OFF folks...
So I just got my fishing license/tags again!!! I didn't get one last year and subsequently didn't fish, truly depressing. Anyway I think I am heading out Saturday 1/11/14. I don't know where I should head... I will likely be using spoons or spinners but am new so as many as I loose I think the budget demands I look for another method. I was thinking Jig with pink worm. I like the idea of using artificial bait but as I have spent a lot of time on the river with no steelhead/salmon I would try anything.
I don't know whether I should head out to the sandy maybe (oxbow)? or to Wilson? I like the idea of the wilson but not sure is it going to be to high? I do have a disability which makes some walking over larger rocks a little harder but I'll make it, just a little slower.:D
As I said I have never been on the wilson so if anyone has any suggestions of where on the river I would really appreciate it!:worthy:
Thanks again for any help suggestions I'll let everyone know how things come out and if I end up with my first! Have a safe and fun weekend all.

Casting Call
Casting Call
welcome back Spooner! Check your pms. Tony

S
Spooner
Hey thanks Casting Call! I am off to get my rain gear right now:thumb:

P
perfectg03
Save your time and money and don't go. I am not sure if you checked the weather, but tonight 2-4 inches of rain forecasted with 70 mph winds. This weather is going to extend through sunday morning. The rivers are going to jump significantly and will be dark brown and flowing very fast with lots of debris. Finding water will be very challenging and dangerous.

Not worth it.

I just reread and saw you have a disability. Please do yourself a favor and stay away from the river until it is back to safer levels. Even the most spry, fit of folks can get taken in conditions like what are expected.

N
n8r1
If you have a disability, the Disabled Fishing Platform on the North Fork Nehalem might be a good bet for you. But probably not until Tuesday, with the weather headed our way.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Just checked the hydro. reports for the Wilson... as follows:peak sunday to 7.5 ft. ; peak flow to 1770 cfs; best to fish at max of 6ft; best flow around 1600 cfs. The water will rise fast ,and drop fast.back with-in two days. The barn door will open and close very fast. Fish will swim like hell to where ever and hold. Then you will have to go hunting for them. Meanwhile as you sit on the couch the metalheads will be swimming past your favorite hole. The ground is very, very dry so lots of saturation will occur before the mudslides and REAL dirty wate start-up. Saturation, saturation, saturation. Go catch some fish. See you on the bank Sunday. Tony

S
Spooner
That is SO disappointing! Does this pertain to the Sandy as well? I guess I will have to postpone it until another time. I have been looking forward to this for a while now. I am going to have to find something around here PDX, I need to get a line in the water even if it is for a perch, Perhaps catfish? Anything I am due! I have all of my rain gear so I will make it somewhere. My disability isn't bad, I get around fine just have a harder time on rocks. I appreciate all of everyones help! If anyone either knows about the Sandy or has any idea about anything that would produce anything more than the worm I bait I'd appreciate it. Thanks again.