Holy chrome; it's on

S
steelhead1
Had a super sweet day on the water, shared it with friends both old and new:). Met up with an enthusiastic new fisherman, and watched him land his first steelhead (not for lack of trying). Watching him play to hand that chrome rocket, and shake with excitement while he recorded on his tag, brought back that same feeling I had when I finally landed my first steelie. Its should be something never forgotten. Also met up with a super cool biologist (the fish checker girl), who had the same fire to learn the ways of these elusive critters, after watching our motley crew hook up time and time again. It started to rain. I don't think I have ever been more thankful.:worthy: River is coming up, the fish are stacked and primed. I hope this is it!!

• DSC00812 (1).jpg
  • DSC00818 (1).jpg
F
FishFinger
Nice fish! Thanks for the report

O
OnTheDrop
Excellent! Just excellent..

Was up wayyy high today for an hour and spotted 6 chromers. Should have went lower, but wanted to save gas...Oh well, floating it Thursday, may see you out there?

Last edited:
E
eugene1
Great report, and beautiful looking fish!

Best,

B
billfisher
That's a great start!

S
steelhead1
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Excellent! Just excellent..

Was up wayyy high today for an hour and spotted 6 chromers. Should have went lower, but wanted to save gas...Oh well, floating it Thursday, may see you out there?

I've been on the river for a week and a half strait! I should probably change clothes and shower, maybe go to work at some point. Its all yours! good luck:thumb:

O
OnTheDrop
ahah. Okay, i'll take it..

I
I3acon
Killer, save me one...or two!! I'm looking to get my first chromer ever as well.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

D
Dizle
What river? I'm wanting to get out Saturday and try to catch my first steelhead ever

O
OnTheDrop
Dizle said:
What river? I'm wanting to get out Saturday and try to catch my first steelhead ever

Every coastal river !

D
Dizle
I'll probably be on the alsea on Saturday morning trying to catch a steelhead or 2 lol