Toon mover

L
Lamzy
As I have posted previous on this form, I purchased an 8" pontoon boat. I have used it a few times in Hagg lake and it worked well, but unless I could park close to the water or wanted to be looked down upon by the power boaters at the C boat ramp I had to drag my boat (too ackward to carry very far) down to the water.
Well today at goodWill I purchased a golf bag cart for $7. It has 8"wheels and fairly wide stance. I just lift to boat up by the front until the cart is under the seat frame.
I set the boat back down and it sit high a dry on the cart. The handle end is held up by a bungy cord. I the use the foot rests to pull or push said boat as far as it need to go to get to the waters edge. No more dragging the toons on the ground.
I tried it up an down the street and out into the park and it worked like a charm.
I think people thouhgt I was a little daft dragging a boat around but such is life.
Some things just get better and better.
KiltedBob

Reactions: OnTheFly and lilsalmon
L
lilsalmon
What a great idea...sometimes as dedicated fisherpersons we are seen as daft, so your not alone....hehe. Every time I go to Goodwill I only find junk....always a day late or a dollar short....

B
bernduffy
Having a hard time envisioning this...any chance for a photo? Sounds like a good idea. I fashioned a built in one wheel device, but it's very awkward on anything but a smooth surface.
Actually I find some power boat folks looking longingly at my pontoon...small, no trailer bs, cheap..and best of all: only room for one. BTW: I towed in a motor boat last week with my MinnKota and arm power.
Cheers,
Bernie

B
BobbiDollPDX
Shoot, I back my Altima down the ramp with a utility trailer and 2 10' toons to unload, and then do the same when it's time to load up, screw em if they can't take a joke.

Reactions: Hawk
L
lilsalmon
BobbiDollPDX said:
Shoot, I back my Altima down the ramp with a utility trailer and 2 10' toons to unload, and then do the same when it's time to load up, screw em if they can't take a joke.

Don't mess with the fisherwomen....good job Bobbi

L
Lamzy
I can take some pictures but how do I post them?
Kiltedbob

W
wozniasm
Lamzy said:
I can take some pictures but how do I post them?
Kiltedbob

Post the pic to your photo section of this forum then click on it to open it up. There will be a Picture URL that you copy and paste into the reply.

I definitely would like to see how you mount your toon on!

W
wozniasm
Well I went down to Goodwill and found one. After looking at it a while, I could visualize how to use it but will have to fill my bladders and see how to do it. This may have to wait till I get up to Trillium on Saturday.

Rose; you gonna be there Saturday?

L
Lamzy
Some of you fine folks wanted pictures of this handy device.
WELL I did take some pics but they did not come out.
I will take some more BUT I still don't understand how to post the pics.
Sorry this has taken so long.
KiltedBob

W
wozniasm
This is how I add photos:
Go to your 'profile' and click on albums the select 'ad albums'.
Name the album and select public or private and hit 'save changes'.
The next screen should have 'upload pictures'. Select that and select 'add files'. Another screen will pop up then select 'select files' which will get to your computer so you can select photos to upload.
Once selected, click on 'upload files'. Your pic will be seen in the attachment area. click on ot for the select checkmark then select 'done. Then select 'save changes'.
Someone may have an easier way than this but I don't know....

Reactions: ninja2010