Hitting the bank on the Slaw

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
So i finely hooked in to my first steelhead on new years day and now i can't stop thinking about getting back out there,so i am heading back down (literally i live on the upper bank) so if anyone would like to hit the river bank and snag some steelheads with me just pm me i am heading down around 10:00 Saturday morning

jamisonace
jamisonace
Nice job getting the monkey off your back early. I'm looking forward to getting on the Siuslaw soon. Don't think I'll make this Saturday but it's good to hear you hooked something.

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
:D just got home from work (friday 12:30) and had a little time to kill,so i figure why not go try my luck and sure enough i just hooked 2 more and snagged the top fin of an old Chinook with his face half way gone...I am loving this! now if i could only get my camera out and snap a pic at the same time im reel one in:)

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
jamisonace said:
Nice job getting the monkey off your back early. I'm looking forward to getting on the Siuslaw soon. Don't think I'll make this Saturday but it's good to hear you hooked something.
Yes Thank You.. i was starting to wonder if the fish hate people from michigan lol

E
eugene1
Hey Blue,

Did you hook in the Whitaker reach or down below in tidewater? I forget where your house is. Anyway, the fishing might be better on the free flowing section above tidewater for steel?

I'm glad you're getting out and getting some action at least.

Best,

GoBlueFan said:
:D just got home from work (friday 12:30) and had a little time to kill,so i figure why not go try my luck and sure enough i just hooked 2 more and snagged the top fin of an old Chinook with his face half way gone...I am loving this! now if i could only get my camera out and snap a pic at the same time im reel one in:)

S
salmonstalker87
GoBlueFan said:

Me and the father-in-law are going tomorrow could use some information about where these fish might be.. thanks:) upper or lower??

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
salmonstalker87 said:
Me and the father-in-law are going tomorrow could use some information about where these fish might be.. thanks:) upper or lower??
I am at the Farnham Landing (coming from Eugene 126 turn right when you go over the bridge then turn right the go 3 miles on right) rite off hwy 36 if you are bank fishing they are getting them all along there on spinners. some say they are stacking there and waiting for the rain. Good Luck! say hi if ya see me ill be the guy fishing on the little island in the middle of the river:)

S
salmonstalker87
GoBlueFan said:
I am at the Farnham Landing (coming from Eugene 126 turn right when you go over the bridge then turn right the go 3 miles on right) rite off hwy 36 if you are bank fishing they are getting them all along there on spinners. some say they are stacking there and waiting for the rain. Good Luck! say hi if ya see me ill be the guy fishing on the little island in the middle of the river:)

Awesome thank you. See u on the river:)