Fall nooks

R
RunWithSasquatch
well, up there you dont really come across bright chinook, only the steelhead, and they rerun the fish so hard they start to fall apart.

J
JeannaJigs
Oh man. The anticipation is already killing me! And winter fish...ahh. It's still summer but I can't wait...

R
RunWithSasquatch
If today would have been the Aug 1, I would have went and played around for a few hours in the morning.... SOON

A
alseaalumaweld
ya im done with summer bring on september and the rains:)

F
fisherwilly
I heard a similiar report from friends who caught a 25 pound nook in Winchester Bay last week.

LadyoftheLake
LadyoftheLake
I'm here trying! Winchester Bay: Tolling the South Jetty... and crab potting in-between. Been trying since Sunday and no luck yet. Today we'll use Ford Fender Flashers with jigs and Ford Fender Flashers with Herring and see if we can improve. Caught some yummy crabs, although the meat inside is kind of small. Still taste great. I'll try to take some pics today and upload later tonight when we get back. Hopefully pics of fish!!

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
Perhaps those darker fish are really "Darth" fish, because they have joined the Dark Side!

Hope you do well in Winchester. Looking forward to your report LOTL.

A
alseaalumaweld
there for sure part of the dark side

P
plumb2fish
Try brined cut plug sardines instead of herring...or try mooching a sardine out between the can and the tips of the jetties...Umpqua fish love sardines

M
Mad dog
plumb2fish said:
Try brined cut plug sardines instead of herring...or try mooching a sardine out between the can and the tips of the jetties...Umpqua fish love sardines

Sardine!!! ;)

A
alseaalumaweld
anyone catching yet

T
Thuggin4Life
I should have never read this thread. can't wait the anxiety is building. Headed out next weekend. Any good reports? Umpqua or Slaw?

R
RunWithSasquatch
Thuggin4Life said:
I should have never read this thread. can't wait the anxiety is building. Headed out next weekend. Any good reports? Umpqua or Slaw?

Ive seen reports from the Qua that look inviting.

T
Thuggin4Life
Thanks thats were my thoughs have been heading but part of me has been saying slaw.

M
Mad dog
Thuggin4Life said:

Coos bay has been good! The kids took the boat over yesterday crabbing and clamming....they watched guys catch salmon! :clap:

The crabbing was off the hook!!! Easy limits of Dungeness!!! :dance:

T
Thuggin4Life
Coos is a long drive fo me. Hard to not just do the slaw but reedsport is only like 25 minutes farther than florence and we all know what river is better.just checked ifish...umpqua for sure next saturday!

A
alseaalumaweld
august is allmost half over allready. come on rain!

U
usmc-recon
RunWithSasquatch said:
No kidding... this thread put me in combat mode right off the bat...haha

Don't quite see connection between fishing and combat but whatever guess if you never been in it Ya wouldent understand. As far as lurkers that's funny isent this forumn here for people to connect on like interest I find it humorus that people are so afraid of giving up their precieved honey whole when bank access is limited and most know where their at anyway well this applies to bank bound fishing and why are people so secretive as far as statics and whats hot for example I asked a guy whats working below leaburg he pm me tell me a bobber and rooster tail
Hope no one takes offence that wasent my intention.

A
alseaalumaweld
why do people gota give away my best lure bobber and rooster tail. works evertime

P
plumb2fish
Four confirmed fallies from my local haunt yesterday...let the madness begin