Heads up, check water levels!

B
bran_man
I read online that eweb is doing some sort of work which will be affecting the amount of water they will be letting out of the dam for the next 2 weeks or so. So river levels may be out of wack during this time. Check the levels before going out and you may just be saving yourself the day. Or you could be like me and go ahead and go out anyways and risk getting skunked ha ha!

R
rippin fish lips
my buddy hooked one today and it popped off after a few violent headshakes, saw the silver splash, big fish! are they going to let more out? or less?? i noticed it dropped another few inches today, if they let more out it should make the bite a little better.

D
DYJ
they're gonna let more out...

J
JeannaJigs
After a near disaster last year when I took the boat out without checking river levels and the flow was insanely high, I never leave without peeping the flow charts. Have them all bookmarked in my phone. I doubt it's gonna effect the fishing negatively on the Mac however.

B
bran_man
rippin fish lips said:
my buddy hooked one today and it popped off after a few violent headshakes, saw the silver splash, big fish! are they going to let more out? or less?? i noticed it dropped another few inches today, if they let more out it should make the bite a little better.
Well I went out this morning (8/03) for a little bit and it wasn't as bad as I thought. It was def higher, but parts of the river are def still fishable (not busy at all out there this morning)! Around 6am, I saw a fly fisherman hook a pretty big steelie, but it swam downriver into some fast water and got away. then at around 8 am., I hooked into a nice little buck. Sure was a fiesty fish! Jumped and ran quite a few times before a fellow angler who had just arrived grabbed my net and put him in for me. Should grill up nice tonight! Some of my favorite spots weren't really fishable anymore cause of the higher water, but my higher water spots that I like are fishable now, so hopefully it won't get too much terribly higher. It should in theory push more fish into the system....

R
rippin fish lips
bran_man said:
Well I went out this morning (8/03) for a little bit and it wasn't as bad as I thought. It was def higher, but parts of the river are def still fishable (not busy at all out there this morning)! Around 6am, I saw a fly fisherman hook a pretty big steelie, but it swam downriver into some fast water and got away. then at around 8 am., I hooked into a nice little buck. Sure was a fiesty fish! Jumped and ran quite a few times before a fellow angler who had just arrived grabbed my net and put him in for me. Should grill up nice tonight! Some of my favorite spots weren't really fishable anymore cause of the higher water, but my higher water spots that I like are fishable now, so hopefully it won't get too much terribly higher. It should in theory push more fish into the system....

Glad to hear you bonked one!! I went out today to the spot we met eachother at and below with bnothing to show... water is high and fast. so i moved up into some water i like to fish up there when its higher like it is now... i hooked 3 steelies onyl for them to break/spit the lure after 5 minutes!!!!

i hooked 1 of them in a funny way tho... my lure wasn't what triggered the 2nd fish to bite, it was the salmon smolt that i hooked, as i was reeling it in, it was spinning in the current like a cut plug herrign would when trolled. After i got the smolt about 6 feet away from me i see this tail like thing, then look at the smolt only to see the jaws of a steelhead clamp down on this poor little guy and my lure, and now it was game on! fish fan me downstream and spit the lure... never had that happened b 4!!