Favorite trout rig

C
catchallthefish
whats yours and how do you use it?

I
I3acon
Rivers/streams or ponds/lakes?

I found fishing off the bottom was killer on stocked trout in a pond. Use a sliding egg sinker just barely large enough to get you on the bottom and then float some powerbait. Use the smallest gear possible.

C
catchallthefish
both types moving and stagnant water. surface, middle and bottom

i to fish bottom with floating bait in still water but i use fixed weight

T
troutmasta
If im trout fishing it usually camping and unless Im fly fishing. Its for food- In that case I run a 1/2 egg slider to a barrel swivel. 6 pound main 4 pound 36 in leader to a #12 single egg hook with 2 chartruese + glitter power eggs.
Then I drink beer and by the time I have a couple down I'm limited and I go back to camp to drink more and kill bees.

T
Throbbit _Shane
My favorite is either running a spoon or plug on my mainline with no swivel or leader. Cast out then proceed to troll. For the plugs I usually let the line out quite a ways. This is from my pontoon.

T
TimberTodd
troutmasta said:
I go back to camp to drink more and kill bees.

Bees do fear him! So do beers.

C
catchallthefish
beer is huge part of fishing for me idk when it was introduced a but good idea and for bees they make great bait while there still alive just got get em on the hook with out getting stung lol

B
bran_man
Size 2 spinner on 4 pound test on ultra light rod. I'll keep my fav color combos to myself though ;)

F
FishFinger
I second that... a home twisted #2 bullet body spinner w/ a brass blade. A variant of Bill Williamson "Cricket" pattern. It's my favorite hands down!

R
radiation
I've been having good luck with the half red and gold little cleo. If nothing else works then I go to my old reliable: a small piece of night crawler with a single Balls of Fire egg on the tip of the hook. It never fails, I float it under a bobber.:thumb:

R
radiation
I used to swear by spinners but it seems that the last couple of years they have been letting me down. :sad: