Small convoy

R
RunWithSasquatch
Ran from Sweethome to Waterloo yesterday with Bill (Santiam338) and my buddy from work took his boat too....

Fishing wasn't red hot, but it was spotted the entire way with very aggressive trout all in the 16''+ range.

For the 3 boats we went 3 for 5, 1 for 3 on steelhead, and 2 for 2 on chinook.

Bills boat put the only steelhead on the boat

Ricks boat went 0-2 on steelhead

And my boat went 2-2 on chinook, only one was close enough to the boarder line to stick in the fish bag... the other was way too shady, if it had eggs it would have been bonked, it didn't so back it went.

Tons of good water in this float, oddly didn't feel as productive as it should have... Good day though!

Bill was in the water waiting for us before 5... and after dropping the other 2 boats and shuttling to Waterloo it was game on around 6

Next hole or two down Bills boat hooked up into a feisty summer run they said they had to give chase too, it just wouldn't give up. Sounded like fun!

I hooked up into "Black-E" about mid way down the drift, its always fun to have a bobber down and fight a fish...

A few more shots of the day...

F
Finneus Polebender
Awesome pics looks like a blast!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Bugged Jeannajigs about her float through there a week or so ago... She gave me fair warning about fishing down to McDowell Creek the best I could because from there down is a non-stop HO-down! Must have seen 50 misc inflatables from there down to Waterloo, so fishing was pretty much over through there. It was pretty annoying to see over 100 dollars worth of beer cans stuck to the river bottom along that stretch. And I am pretty sure I ran over 3 kids with my boat weaving my way to the boat ramp through the Marti Gras party happening there.

M
Mad dog
RunWithSasquatch said:
Bugged Jeannajigs about her float through there a week or so ago... She gave me fair warning about fishing down to McDowell Creek the best I could because from there down is a non-stop HO-down! Must have seen 50 misc inflatables from there down to Waterloo, so fishing was pretty much over through there. It was pretty annoying to see over 100 dollars worth of beer cans stuck to the river bottom along that stretch. And I am pretty sure I ran over 3 kids with my boat weaving my way to the boat ramp through the Marti Gras party happening there.

Nice trip!!! Looked like fun! :clap:

Any good lookin' women at the party? :D

R
RunWithSasquatch
haha... too many...

S
Santiam338
Its a lot of fun convoying down the river...A good way to fish..;)

A few pics from my end..

Nets out..That is always good...

This little steelhead was pound for pound the strongest fish I have seen...Had it been a 12 pounder we probably wouldn't have caught it...Made some spectacular jumps and we had to pull anchor twice...We were being careful with 6 lb leader,but still...Epic battle..

IMG_1263.jpg

Ganging up on a hole.:lol:

And then this...I lost a anchor,May 2010 between McDowell cr and Waterloo...The water was high and I couldn't get to it...This is my first trip back since than and we casually looked for it...Really didn't expect to find it after 15 months,BUT THERE IT WAS!!...LOL

Of course me being captain and all I sent the first mate in after it...

Great trip and I enjoyed ganging up on a float..:dance:

Caught several nice rainbows and cutthroat and am now regretting not getting any pics..One we thought was a steelhead for while until we finally got it to the boat...Great fish and it got off just as I was getting the camera fired up...Well on the high side of 16 inches..

Last edited:
R
RunWithSasquatch
HAHA i love that you got your anchor back!

troutdude
troutdude
RunWithSasquatch said:
HAHA i love that you got your anchor back!

I love, that he sent the first mate to go get it! LOL We called that "resource allocation" in business school.

And that pic of you fighting the darkie...can hardly see your rod...looks almost like your "flippin' the bird"!

:lol::lol::lol:

Looks like a fun time for everyone. :cool:

S
skunk
Very nice post.

F
fishindude
Great post , great pictures and sounds like a great day on the water:clap::clap:

F
Fish-N-Chips
Looks like that is the hot spot as of late(= Sweet report..good job Y'all.

R
rippin fish lips
nice post and pics guys! keep em comin! :D

H
Hawk
Well Done bro's... :lol::lol::lol:
beautiful fish & pics
thankye.

:clap::clap::clap:
:dance::dance:
:cool::cool:
:D:D

N
nwkiller
man, that trip sounded amazing, i love mulitple boat drifting, a lot of competition on the water, always a good time with friends. great read man

R
RunWithSasquatch
nwkiller said:
man, that trip sounded amazing, i love mulitple boat drifting, a lot of competition on the water, always a good time with friends. great read man

It was a good day for sure... I'll be looking for some more trips like this... we only seen one other boat the whole day... and they didn't really seem to be fishing much at all.

J
JeannaJigs
Hell yeah! I haven't been on this week sO was wondering how you did. I want to do that float again but the botton half just sucks and I don't think I can do any convincing to get anyone to do it again lol.

R
RunWithSasquatch
haha yeah that bottom is something else... the river bottom was silver with beer cans everywhere... i thought there was some really good water in there and have some holes i would definitely spend some time at.

J
JeannaJigs
Oh for sure there's some good fishy looking water, just gotta fish it early in the season when it's still cold and rainy so you can avoid the friggin flotilla lol. Too much good looking classic salmon water on that float, not enough hours in a day to fish it properly.