*Hits head on wall*

:lol:

H
halibuthitman
what is gold alec....

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Au!

And Drew, I'll try to do some video work soonish... I'm not 100% sure I know where my camera is at the moment, and we can't find the charger to the wife's camera. Has made the last few trips out pix-less :(

O
OnTheFly
eggs said:
The lake is named after a yellowish very soft metal used to back the value of money.
Dude ......I'll give you 1200.00 for it...

L
lilsalmon
So I finally got enough nerve up to post this and out of 3 cameras in my house I still could not get a good pic. This is one that a nice man gave me when we were on the Crooked...he said that was all we would need and that is all I used....with an indicator. Its a Killer on the Crooked. He called it a Serendipity but it doesn't have the elk hair around the head (don't know what it is called :redface:) like the ones I have seen. I have 30 some more beads left so I think by the time they are gone I should be pretty good at it.

I used size 16 hooks, 3/32 beads and antron yarn twisted into a cord so it looks like segments...guess you guys probably knew that already. I am a nooby at tying and these are actually very simple but thought I would share.

I won't say which is the one that was given to me...you can probably tell....

• 0721112241.jpg
E
eggs
Look good to me... simple flies fish as well as ones with 15 steps(mega-prince)..

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
E
eggs
Yea I can't tell you the last time I looked at instruction for a fly. A picture online instantly changes with your own flavor and soon doesn't look like the picture at all.. lol

M
mlw
This thread hasn't seen much action lately, and fall fishing is upon us, - so what are you tying?

Here are a few from my vise, first a couple flies for salmon:

salmon890r2.jpg

salmon-883r2.jpg

An October Caddis pupa - (or drowned adult, these guys hatch at night, so how often the pupa are seen by trout is a matter of debate. This one inspired by one posted recently on flytyingforum).

o_caddis-894.jpg

And the adult. This pattern a work in progress, a cross between a Stimulator and a MadameX. The body is hot orange antron chenille, not wound around the hook, but a single strand bound to the underside of the shank. The elk hair is folded over a bodkin to give a larger head for skating the fly with a riffle hitch. The orange bucktail is just for a strike indicator, since it sits low in the water.

o_caddis-903.jpg

Michael

Reactions: brandon4455 and OnTheFly
O
OnTheFly
Wow those are perfect! I've never seen the folded down elkhair head you've got going there. Nice work!

brandon4455
brandon4455
that chinook fly (kinda like a comet im guessing?) looks excellent.. so does the caddis. never seen the head folded back like that before :clap:

M
mlw
Thanks OnTheFly. I have been doing more tying than fishing the last couple months (along with moving from Monroe to Eugene, what a pain). Time to get out and fish.
Michael

E
eggs
A new creation

2011-09-29_19-45-06_471.jpg

D
Drew9870
I'll give you my word eggs, I think the Carp will love it!

Hopefully i can get some pics up next week.

brandon4455
brandon4455
getting a whole buttload of materials ordered today. will post some of my caddis pupa and attractor patterns within a week.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Looking forward to your creations Brandon.

D
Drew9870
It's like a jig/fly Tribal, I do not see one reason why they wouldn't catch a Steelhead, but I would add a ton of lead wire under the body, they could still be swung close to the surface.

Should have a better camera this week, which leads to some pics up by next weekend, the flies I tie for stocker Trout are rather cheap and easy, hopefully you can get some ideas from them.

F
FlyBum
I don't take many pictures of my flies, well just because, but I thought I'd share this. For my girlfriend's birthday I thought I'd do something special. I took one of my favorite trout patterns and bumped it up quite a bit in size and made her these. The other one is a perfect match.

Last edited by a moderator:
brandon4455
brandon4455
cool lookin flies and a perfect gift :clap:

D
Drew9870
So here are some new and old creations I tied up in the past couple weeks, the left column would be for the Broodstock 4lb+ Trout, middle column is my favorite stocker pattern, right column is my new jig/fly (lead wrapped hook), very simple flies, especially the right column. I stick to buggers most places I go, just different patterns for different conditions. Bottom left was a little thin on the tail :). All contain lead wrapped hooks.

Last edited by a moderator: