Salmon fly themed swap?

F
FishFinger
Recently the notion of holding a Salmon fly pattern swap was floated as a concept. I was wondering how many OFFers were interested, and who's willing to host?

M
meluvtrout
I'm not interested, but I can't think of anyone else better than you to host. :D

Irishrover
Irishrover
It's been a while since I've ventured into something like this count me in. We are talking salmon fly patterns as in salmon flies of the Descutes River? At first I thought you ment flies to catch salmon. Think I'll go make some coffee!

J
jimmy
I'm in, and was thinking about an "in person" swap.

Memorial Day is monday may 26th, the week before that (mon-fri) is what I was thinking about.

I thought 5 months notice might be feasible for such an endeavoure....... bugs are out, pre holiday, on the deschutes, overnighter?

just something to think about.

I got the spot, the holes, and am willing to share the knowledge,
do yall have time to tie a few up and show?

S
steelhead_slayer
I'm definitely interested. Not sure what my schedule well be like then though

C
catchallthefish
i dont think my flys i tie are considered anny type of fly Ive never seen anny one make a fly as UGLY as mine

J
jimmy
catchallthefish said:
Ive never seen anny one make a fly as UGLY as mine

what? you've never seen the 'cigarette-butt-stone' ???
cigarettestone.jpg

and, yes, this fly catches fish.......

J
JeannaJigs
jimmy said:
I'm in, and was thinking about an "in person" swap.

Memorial Day is monday may 26th, the week before that (mon-fri) is what I was thinking about.

I thought 5 months notice might be feasible for such an endeavoure....... bugs are out, pre holiday, on the deschutes, overnighter?

just something to think about.

I got the spot, the holes, and am willing to share the knowledge,
do yall have time to tie a few up and show?

I'm not in, since i was an epic fail last time... However, Rose and I are planning a deschutes trip around that time, we were thinking the week AFTER memorial day...but the week prior might work too....would have to be a somewhere between tuesday night-friday morning gig for me as I get off at 830 am tuesdays and go back to work 10 pm fridays, but it would be fun to be more than just me and rose, probably safer too as we are both accident prone.

Chromatose
Chromatose
jimmy said:
what? you've never seen the 'cigarette-butt-stone' ???
cigarettestone.jpg

and, yes, this fly catches fish.......

Looks Feeeeeshy to me for sure!!

J
jimmy
JeannaJigs said:
Rose and I are planning a deschutes trip around that time, we were thinking the week AFTER memorial day...but the week prior might work too....

Every year the bugs come out earlier...... ODFW unnaturally warming the river to let the lake smolt out has nothing to do with that..... any ways, earlier (depending on weather and water temps) seems to get the hogs in close and looking up and I'll be there the week before Mem. day.

maybe an "on-site" tie and swap? heheh, my vice will be riverside.