Salem riverfront/Pringle Creek

A
AK Assassin
Heading to the Bite and Brew at the Riverfront and going to try some senkos, spinnerbait and flies for some bass on the dock and Pringle creek spillway. Hopefully I'll have some pics and a report later tonight...any advice to add for some hook ups for bass for this area?

Last edited by a moderator:
M
mrlindeman
Senkos are what I usually see them pulled out with. we were out there slingin flies last night at sundown and got nothin. We did experience a mayfy hatch though and that was pretty rockin. Good luck to ya.

D
Drew9870
Should be there Wednesday. Tomorrow afternoon is Waterloo.

Edit: I swear I have fished with you a few times, could be wrong, seems like a couple times at Wirth but most of the time being at Riverfront.

Last edited:
A
AK Assassin
Well, didn't hook into anything at the spillway. Went over to the dock and caught a crappie off one of my GRHE's though. Oh well...

A
AK Assassin
Drew9870 said:
Should be there Wednesday. Tomorrow afternoon is Waterloo.

Edit: I swear I have fished with you a few times, could be wrong, seems like a couple times at Wirth but most of the time being at Riverfront.

I fish Wirth here and there, but never fished the Riverfront. I also hit St. Louis more often than any other...haven't hooked into much more than trout, gills, crappie, and a couple of tiny bass. I have the itch to target some bass, but not as confident in those ponds as I used to be.

D
Drew9870
Well, I might be heading out there soon, will try plastics for the Smallies until after the sun sets, then it will be topwater.

Bud (mrlindman), I know your skills on the vice with intricate creations, you should tie up heavy Crayfish patterns for the Smallies, Shiners and Crayfish are a main food source in the Willamette.

Reactions: Sokkerboi