What won't a pikeminnow eat?

C
catchallthefish
as far as i have concluded ...a northern pike minnow will eat anything it can or try hard to eat it if they can't

conventional lures : every thing works

bait: everything we tried works except the old cucumber we grew

home made lures: yesum!

so what i want to know is whats the most unconventional bait or lure you guys use to catch fish?

just 'pond'ering

jamisonace
jamisonace
I caught them on raw chicken while trying to catch a crawdad.

troutdude
troutdude
Cheeseburgers?

C
catchallthefish
great stuff guys keep it coming!

R
riverman1
Chicken liver from what I have heard. I was up to the lake at the last Pikeminnow tournament and there was a gentlemen there from I believe he said Sweethome. He had over one large cooler each day. He was very kind to show me the technique he used. A friend of mine caught a 18 inch trout about 6 weeks ago off the dock where the college has their boats. I first thought it was a pikeminnow but I was wrong. I have caught the pikeminnows trolling a worm with a split shot and also Panther Martins while trying for trout. Sold the boat so now fish from the bank at Dexter, maybe another boat this spring. I never tried the Spam as shown above but another idea, never to old to learn.

H
Herefishyfishy
I had one hit a swung articulated eggsucking bunny leach on the Clack last year.

W
wyze
I have caught pikeminnow in the Clackamas on jigs, worms, blue foxs, yarn, .........you get the picture. Anything that catches steelhead will catch sqawfish. The only thing is as I am writing this I cannot think of one time I have had one hit shrimp of any kind.

C
catchallthefish
Anny body else got some strange baits and lures?

pike minnow parts work great there gnarly cannibals

im deeply in enjoying the conversation this is better than facebook!

H
HereFishy
How do regular old earthworms compare to other, maybe stranger baits? Earthworms are all I've ever used.

C
catchallthefish
worms work fantastic i threw a worm out 10 feet only in 3 feet of water by the time i set the rod in to holder the line was tight and that was from shore. Ive caught Manny others on the worms as well they seem to have a definite fondness for them

C
catchallthefish
i havent tried a whole cheese burger as that my favorite food it stands no chance with me around

but the little gummie krabby pattys work!

jamisonace
jamisonace
We floated Carmel corn on a hook at Dexter and they nailed it on the surface. Hard to keep hooked though.

C
catchallthefish
Ive tried normal pop corn of the dock it works but it is hard to stay on the hook so that's even better than normal pop corn because it shrivels up
never thought of Carmel thats genius!

C
catchallthefish
ive tried realy old regular little plain marsh mellows a bit bigger that the colored ones they sell at the store and i was wondering if any one else had had any luck on toes? i just got another big bag and im debating on going and trowing a few out.