Lake Selmac

S
sherman
Leaving Wednesday mornning for a little Bass fishing. Taking the Bigfoot camper on my Dodge & my toon. If anyone is in for a meet I'll be down there until Thursday afternoon. Not sure which campground I'll be at for I've never been there.

F
Finneus Polebender
sherman said:
Leaving Wednesday mornning for a little Bass fishing. Taking the Bigfoot camper on my Dodge & my toon. If anyone is in for a meet I'll be down there until Thursday afternoon. Not sure which campground I'll be at for I've never been there.

Sounds like heaven, let us know how she goes, am looking forward to a trip there soon myself.

S
sherman
Not much action FP. I had one on & lost it & two misses. Didn't see anyone else doing much better. A kid on the dock where I was camped caught a smallmouth. There was a guy there from Sacremento that fishes tournaments down there & I seen him catch one & miss three fishing from the bank. I went out at day break today & tried to pitch a frog, a crawdad, a brushhog, & a senko, nothing. Yesterday I tried swimbiat & a trout & that lake is so weedy every retrieve brought back lake salad. It's a shallow lake mostly 8' to 12 in the middle & 25' by the dam.

F
Finneus Polebender
sherman said:
Not much action FP. I had one on & lost it & two misses. Didn't see anyone else doing much better. A kid on the dock where I was camped caught a smallmouth. There was a guy there from Sacremento that fishes tournaments down there & I seen him catch one & miss three fishing from the bank. I went out at day break today & tried to pitch a frog, a crawdad, a brushhog, & a senko, nothing. Yesterday I tried swimbiat & a trout & that lake is so weedy every retrieve brought back lake salad. It's a shallow lake mostly 8' to 12 in the middle & 25' by the dam.

Sounds like you gave her a good shot, but also sounds like conditions at most places , How was the camping and such ,was it very crowded?

S
sherman
Not in the middle of the week. Thats when I like to go. If you plan on a weekend better to make res through reserve america. I stayed at Osprey $22.00 a night full hook ups. The resort wants $35.00.

B
bigcat1967
Looks like I'm too late. Hope you had a great day.

F
Finneus Polebender
sherman said:
Not in the middle of the week. Thats when I like to go. If you plan on a weekend better to make res through reserve america. I stayed at Osprey $22.00 a night full hook ups. The resort wants $35.00.

Yep sweet deal on the camping I was lookin at some yurts in that campgroud that you can reserve, How was the campground there open or is it broken up . when we looked a while back kinda remember them being standard loop campgrounds with slots either way. and a certain amount of rv / yurt spots.

S
sherman
Finneus Polebender said:
Yep sweet deal on the camping I was lookin at some yurts in that campgroud that you can reserve, How was the campground there open or is it broken up . when we looked a while back kinda remember them being standard loop campgrounds with slots either way. and a certain amount of rv / yurt spots.

Yea it has loops & it's up & down hills. Where I was it was flat & close to the day use area. Theres no boat ramp there But I was able to put my toon in next to the day use jetty. I'm glad I brought my cart to wheel it over to the lake. It was about 50 yards from my site.