A story about a hatchery human

D
Drew9870
There once was a baby named Tom, Tom was raised in a concrete box his whole life with a bunch of his buddies, he was not raised a normal human, he was fed pretty much one thing that contained all the nutrition he needed by the 'giants', the giants were him and his buddies guardians and everything the giants threw to them could be accepted as food, they never really had to reject anything.

Once little Tom was at about age 11, his guardians had released him and his buddies in the wild with no education on what to do and what not to do, what is real food and what is not. Tom decided to stay with a group of about 14 other buddies and roam the free world with nothing to worry about but feeding themselves, so they set out to find food, with a lot of objects around them to sample, Plants, Debris, Animals, Insects, even their own kind, they really just needed to figure out what gives them energy and what does not, of course, some things are harmful/fatal, and with no education, it was tough for them to figure out right/wrong on their own, and with 15 people in the group, one had to act quick on each meal to claim it, so there was a lot of competition going on, which leads to more members of the pack disappearing.

So as the Group learns by watching other members, they can sometimes figure out right from wrong, but not all the time as some of the members have different mentalities and capabilities as do all creatures on earth. As of now, the group is down to 8 from a game of trial and error as far as finding food, a few members ''disappeared'' and 1-2 floated up to the sky from going into so much shock being in the free world. Tom was still alright, the insects, larvae, plant matter, and crustaceans were keeping him on his feet and full of energy, his leftover pals were all just following him around to new food sources day in and day out, as they did so, they were still experimenting with trial and error, so thus the group is no longer a group, Tom is alone and on his own, but recalls very minor memories of how his buddies disappeared, one buddy had eaten a very shiny firefly, some had eaten the colorful berries that smelt just like the same food the giants once fed them, luckily they had gotten to the berries before Tom.

Tom was running around jumping high for insects, picking worms, and eating snails, he happened to see another one of the spinning, flashy fireflies, he then decided to chase it around for about 40 feet and turn away losing interest. Tom didn't know he had gotten lucky by losing interest, the giants he once depended on were pursuing him, little did he know. As Tom decided to soar up high in the hill one day, he was jumping for bugs, when all of the sudden, a big white flash came from the sky and picked him up, he had become Trout dinner for an Osprey!

Hope it was enjoyed. Put yourself in a hatchery fish's fins one day and you might open a new world to understanding them.

Last edited:
H
halibuthitman
in the imortal words of Austin Powers " but what doe's it all mean?...man!"

Gunga
Gunga
I loved it! keep it up drew!

H
halibuthitman
daddy tell us the story about the common carp that grew up in the willamette getto but became a noble gamefish in the end...pleeeeeeeaaase!

Reactions: beaverfan
E
eggs
halibuthitman said:
daddy tell us the story about the common carp that grew up in the willamette getto but became a noble gamefish in the end...pleeeeeeeaaase!

Bahahahahahaahahahhahaahahha (fingers hurt... break).. bahahahhahahahahahahaahaaaha

D
Drew9870
halibuthitman said:

Son, I might just enlighten your young, curious mind. ;):lol:

H
halibuthitman
Drew9870 said:
Son, I might just enlighten your young, curious mind. ;):lol:
I would consider it an honor..

D
Drew9870
I'll just leave the part out about what the people really brought them over for..... Women were scarce back then you know ;).

Gunga
Gunga
drew9870 said:
i'll just leave the part out about what the people really brought them over for..... Women were scarce back then you know ;).

hahahaha!

L
lilsalmon
Drew9870 said:
I'll just leave the part out about what the people really brought them over for..... Women were scarce back then you know ;).

Thats not the first time you have brought up carp and lack of women in the same thread........thats just not right and really downright scary

E
eggs
lilsalmon said:
Thats not the first time you have brought up carp and lack of women in the same thread........thats just not right and really downright scary

Personal exp.

E
eggs
DP

D
Drew9870
Aw s**t, really, you just HAD to say it out loud. :lol: My reputation is ruined!

H
halibuthitman
Drew9870 said:
Aw s**t, really, you just HAD to say it out loud. :lol: My reputation is ruined!
and with that comes the freedom to no longer care.. now you have evolved.... congrats! by the way, a rather well known carp fly fisherman has invited me to go fish with him.... and frankly, Im considering it.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
halibuthitman said:
haha!!