Last 2011 Umpqua nook trip for me.......

P
plumb2fish
Last 2011 Umpqua Nook.jpg

Last edited:
R
RunWithSasquatch
Nice fish, nice report. Congrats on a well played season down there for you.

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish! Thanks for the report. Been cheating on the umpqua for the cheaper siuslaw and i have been regreting it.

H
Halfthrive
You dominator! I almost want to say f hunting and go fishing instead; almost. Nice year man, and its still not over unless you've run out of spaces on your tag. Save some spots for Elk and Sixes man!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Halfthrive said:
Elk and Sixes

Only one fish a day down there this year, I wonder if that will cut down on the masses.

H
Halfthrive
RunWithSasquatch said:
Only one fish a day down there this year, I wonder if that will cut down on the masses.

Probly not. I'm still going, its too nice down there not to.

P
plumb2fish
Can't wait to hit the south coast zoo this year....I am saving the last 6 spots on my tag for down there...Can't wait to have my butt kicked by one of those beasts again.....

R
RunWithSasquatch
My buddies relatives fishes the private from 101 down I think on the Sixes... been trying to work us into the mix on that, but havent gotten us in yet. Stay a week down there every year.

H
Halfthrive
plumb2fish said:
Can't wait to hit the south coast zoo this year....I am saving the last 6 spots on my tag for down there...Can't wait to have my butt kicked by one of those beasts again.....[/QUOTE

It's been hard keeping the last 5 open, another reason I haven't been fishing. You have become an Umpqua slayer, lets hope its stays with you for winter steel as well.

N
nwkiller
has wondering what was up with you halfthrive..hunting i now know....see you on the slaw soon

F
flipper
Thuggin4Life said:
Nice fish! Thanks for the report. Been cheating on the umpqua for the cheaper siuslaw and i have been regreting it.

Why would you even think that the Siuslaw is a "cheaper" river? From the posts here lately, the Siuslaw has been producing MUCH more chinook than the mighty Umpqua :p

D
Drew9870
flipper said:
Why would you even think that the Siuslaw is a "cheaper" river? From the posts here lately, the Siuslaw has been producing MUCH more chinook than the mighty Umpqua :p

Phillip,

I think he meant that in an economical way, as in driving distance. I could be mistaken.

Looks like I have some new rivers on my list from all this talk :D.

P
plumb2fish
Back to front page, people obviously didn't see that I added tips.....

T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds like you are doing what everyone else is doing. JK good advice there for sure. and yes its a cost thing and i would say that the umpqua has more and bigger fish. Umpqua was hot when i was a the slaw and vice versa. just been picking the wrong days and yes the slaw is heating up. too bad im busy though.