Smart cast

H
hvacr1
has anyone ever used a humminbird smartcast. Seen a guy a couple years ago using one off the bank at a lake. It just recently occured to me maybe this might work in the rivers for gauging depth of hole in a certain slot you are trying to fish and water temp. not really looking to find fish with just an easier way to set my bobber and jig set up after one cast instead of a few and water temp of course. I know there are a lot of people that will think this is dumb but I hate trying to figure out if I am in the sweet spot or not and potentially losing gear when trying to find the depth to get there.

E
eugene1
hvacr,

I had one that I used for about 3 months, it worked great. Then the casting unit failed, so I bought another set. Then that one broke after not too long as well... This was a few years ago, so I might have which unit broke backwards?

Not sure if it was my bad luck or not, but I have not bought anymore.

Best,

B
bigboy70
just watched a video on it. to me it just look like you put on your pole and cast it out there. looks pretty handy

Last edited:
H
hvacr1
i know how it works just wondering i guess if it will work accurately if you toss it into some mild current (bobber water). I guess there is only one way to find out.

E
eugene1
It seemed pretty accurate and would see fish as well. I know this since the water I was using them in was gin clear and loaded with coho.

Best,