What's your favorite powerbait???

U
UGLYSTICKER
Markcanby said:
I wish OnTheFly would tell me how to keep it on my hook:think::think:!! I always lose it on my backcast.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

might stay on with a dough hook:lol:

U
UGLYSTICKER
Markcanby said:
I wish OnTheFly would tell me how to keep it on my hook:think::think:!! I always lose it on my backcast.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

do you use a dough hook?:lol:

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
eggs said:
I am no expert.. you will have to ask OnTheFly for advice!
You're funny...;)

Drew9870 said:
So that's why I saw Orange PB floating down the Little N Fork on that trip, Jim said it was supposed to be a strike indicator, I knew he was bluffing :D.
dang-git...no one's supposed to know that!;)

halibuthitman said:
This is about the smartest thing Ive ever heard said but once again you would have to run this by OnTheFly or BigSteel to confirm the info-
I will have to say what you have said is true. I like the beer analogy.:D Bud Lite flavor might just work.:think:;)

Markcanby said:
Mark, I thought I weened you off the powerbait.:confused:

Apparently, some of my colleagues feel I'm some sort of an authority on powerbait. I never use the stuff but to be honest, squishing some through the wings of a stimulator has crossed my mind.:redface: I do, however, know of one particular place where the marbled green has slayed some enormous rainbows. That would be at Olallie.:cool:

Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
I love black licorice so my favorite flavor is Anise.......

C
Coyote
For what it's worth, I usually have my best luck with orange. Everyone I know swears by green and they do great with it, but orange powerbait is kind of my go-to bait when nothing else is working. And when nothing else is, usually the orange will get me one. The two biggest trout I've caught this year were both on orange powerbait.

B
bigsteel
theres a gentleman at trillium lake who has picnic tables full of every color of powerbait there is,,powerbait fishing can be the most challenging and rewarding way too fish.pink,hot pink,bright chartreuse,diarrhea rainbow color.....ohhhhhhhhhh the choices are endless

B
Boo
UGLYSTICKER said:
i tried the yellow power eggs it took like only 3 min before fish on.

Other than a couple of power eggs on a small snelled hook of some kind, I also like to place one power egg just above the hook when finessing a night crawler along the bottom. It adds a little color and helps the crawler float. They're not as buoyant as a lil corkie but more buoyant than just a crawler.

U
UGLYSTICKER
Boo said:
Other than a couple of power eggs on a small snelled hook of some kind, I also like to place one power egg just above the hook when finessing a night crawler along the bottom. It adds a little color and helps the crawler float. They're not as buoyant as a lil corkie but more buoyant than just a crawler.

i tried yellow power eggs at JCP. the guy next to me asked me if i wanted to try them.
i put 3 on my #14 treble. and fish-on in about 3 min later. they work great.

B
Boo
UGLYSTICKER said:
i tried yellow power eggs at JCP. the guy next to me asked me if i wanted to try them.
i put 3 on my #14 treble. and fish-on in about 3 min later. they work great.

They work because the stink so good! Smell one sometime. They just have the sort of stink that tells me a fish will like this.

U
UGLYSTICKER
Boo said:
They work because the stink so good! Smell one sometime. They just have the sort of stink that tells me a fish will like this.

i smelled the ones i used they smelt like stinky corn,imo,LMAO!!!lol!

U
UGLYSTICKER
Coyote said:
For what it's worth, I usually have my best luck with orange. Everyone I know swears by green and they do great with it, but orange powerbait is kind of my go-to bait when nothing else is working. And when nothing else is, usually the orange will get me one. The two biggest trout I've caught this year were both on orange powerbait.

i think scent is most important but i know about the color orange and trout.
flourescent orange rapalas with gold sides catch more trout and smallies than the other rapalas do at least for me they do.

troutdude
troutdude
Power Eggs, are impregnated with a specially designed scent (same as Power Bait). But, I usually take it two steps farther. I often add two more things to my Power Eggs:

1. Berkley's Trout Jelly (gel)
2. Berkley's Trout Scent (liquid)

The trout "smell" the bait, because of the liquid "oozing" through the water and come to investigate the bait. It looks like the right color, so they smack their lips, after a first little nibble of the jelly. Then it's BAM (just like Emeril Lagasse), BAM! FISH ON and they won't let go! It probably tastes to the fish, like pizza to us humans.

No mercy!!! LOL

Last edited:
U
UGLYSTICKER
troutdude said:
Power Eggs, are impregnated with a specially designed scent (same as Power Bait). But, I usually take it two steps farther. I often add two more things to my Power Eggs:

1. Berkley's Trout Jelly (gel)
2. Berkley's Trout Scent (liquid)

The trout "smell" the bait, because of the liquid "oozing" through the water and come to investigate the bait. It looks like the right color, so they smack their lips, after a first little nibble of the jelly. Then it's BAM (just like Emeril Lagasse), BAM! FISH ON and they won't let go! It probably tastes to the fish, like pizza to us humans.

No mercy!!! LOL

No mercy is right,LOL
Dude can i fish next to you sometime?
i bet where you fish all the trout compete in a race to get to the smelly deli first....they prolly say to each other.."ME FIRST!!!" "YOU WAIT YOUR TURN!!!",

LMAO!!!

troutdude
troutdude
Sure thing. If you like...you'd be welcome to ring the dinner bell.

U
UGLYSTICKER
troutdude said:
Sure thing. If you like...you'd be welcome to ring the dinner bell.

thx dude

T
troutmaster101
i have pulled 40 this last 3 weeks with the lime green and rainbow!

U
UGLYSTICKER
troutmaster101 said:
i have pulled 40 this last 3 weeks with the lime green and rainbow!

nice! i still need to try the green and the lime green

U
UGLYSTICKER
I limited out at the JCP last Friday with an old jar of turbo it had been opened over 2 years ago. it was a little bit dried out but stayed on the treble better than fresh power bait.

D
Denduran87
Rainbow and garlic or my 2 go to first baits. Some times a mix of the two:)