A lil time on the water

H
Honeycutt
Well went out last Wednesday with no luck on high water so I took off today for a couple hours, seen 4 steelhead, hooked up with one but lost it so I decided. To get out of the cold and come home to a steak, loved fishing while it was snowing tho (just a lil cold) but it can only get better "knock knock" on wood"

O
OnTheDrop
Nice. Fishing in the snow is one of my favs.. Did you see 4 caught or just spotted them in the low water?

J
Johnny Southpaw
Nice! Did you have the river to yourself? Can't imagine a whole lot of people out with as cold as it's been. Did you get a view of the fish you hooked? Chrome?

H
Honeycutt
Only seen one other guy fishin but I didn't go all the way down the Wilson, I could jus c one huggin the bottom of a fairly deep pool alone then at another spot seen 2 nice bucks behind a lil hen in some super slow kind of shallow water not movin at all hardly, didn't even no if they were fish till I hooked one of the bucks, verry bright, he porpused and came off then settled right back behind the hen a few min later, haha it was verry cold!!

S
SOMCREW
Out spending time on the water today.. Lower Umpqua banking it from spot to spot in the snow and it was pretty slow. Clear and Low water made it tough. If it was trout fishing I will say it was a great day. A lot of 14-20 inch Bows. But still slim pickins for Winter steelhead. Next week we launch the drift boat and will have a update on how the river is doing.. :harhar: