After lightening strikes twice for early winters, I can't get the trifecta

C
ChezJfrey
12/1, I gave up on the Clack for a bit while a buddy and I hit the rivers during the downpours and fished around in the mud soup. From the chocomilk, I hooked/lost a coho and my buddy landed one. Today, back on the Clack in the sub-30s and wind, freezing my extremities and praising the joys of winter steelheading :), found another one...where's my steelhead?
2013-12-06_14-31-22_442.jpg

E
eugene1
Not too shabby, I'd feel fine about your predicament!

Best,

T
Throbbit _Shane
Nice fish Chez. What did you get it to bite? what ever it was looked liked it choked it !

C
ChezJfrey
Throbbit _Shane said:
Nice fish Chez. What did you get it to bite? what ever it was looked liked it choked it !

You're right, it totally inhaled a size 5 spinner.

S
smoky
What part of the river were you on?

C
ChezJfrey
smoky said:
What part of the river were you on?

This time of the year, I like to get down to where they first come in...way down low.

S
smoky
I was gonna try and throw some jigs by high rocks on sunday.was wondering if they should be around there

J
JeannaJigs
That's a heck of a shiny ho for this time of year! I'll take a ho over a steelhead anyday

O
OnTheDrop
Sure that's not a summer steelhead....

Ahaha. Beauty!

Ahh, the first few weeks of December are my favorite on the Clack. Not much pressure and every fish you hook is very rewarding. Feb-March can just be too easy .. Lol

Tight Lines

C
ChezJfrey
JeannaJigs said:
That's a heck of a shiny ho for this time of year! I'll take a ho over a steelhead anyday

Yeah, it's interesting. Evidently there is what's considered a 'late run' of Coho on the Clackamas that comes in November - January.

In fact, last year on 12/16, less than 100 yards from where I got the recent one, I caught a cousin on a similar #5 spinner:
2012-12-16_10-40-06_93.jpg

T
trucksnegs
Nice job was fishing up at McIver didn't see anything and no bites

T
Tinker
Oh my sweet, sweet Lord! You're catching them and still complaining about not catching enough (or not catching enough different ones, to be precise about it). I thought so highly of you back in October... now that I'm back, I may need to re-evaluate.

Good job, Chez. You're still my steelhead hero.