Jetty footwear

S
ShdwmnkyX
Ok, so when it comes to possibly slipping and breaking my legs I'm a wuss. I've done tons of reading about saltwater fishing and they all suggest Korkers. What do you regular Jetty fisherpeople wear when you're out there?

Last edited:
Reactions: bigsteel
B
beaverfan
Just my regular felt soled wading boots or if the weathers bad my waders and boots.

N
nwkiller
i love my wader soles, and of course it makes it much easier to release fish in the water with waves crashing on you. Your bootom half stays dry and your feet stay where you step, so ya i agree with beaverfan

S
ShdwmnkyX
Do you guys wear pfds? Or am I just being prissy?

N
nwkiller
to tell you the truth, its a life saver, but i dont wear one on the rocks. there so many possiblities of danger on the rocks. Usually its a sneaker wave that will smash you down and break bones, oir just plain falling on the rocks.. All in all, its a matter of chioce........hell the only thing that would make you safe on the rocks is if your felt soled football pads ur wearing could inflate into a boat if you fell in.....i guess what im sayin is being confident on the rocks is key, if you try to second guess a step it will be too late....so wear what u need to be confident!

Reactions: beaverfan
S
ShdwmnkyX
Cool, thank you guys for your help.

B
beaverfan
ShdwmnkyX said:
Do you guys wear pfds? Or am I just being prissy?

By all means wear one, especially if your going to be out near the end of the jetty! It's too easy for something bad to happen!

L
lilsalmon
Wow...you guys sure make it sound fun....hehe. I want to try it but I AM too chicken.....I fractured my leg in 3 places wearing Korkers and going down an easy riverbank....shirt happens...:D

B
beaverfan
It's really not that bad most of the time but the possibility is always there. If you hit it right though you don't have to go too far out on the jetty then it's pretty mellow.

B
Born2Fish55
I wear Korker's with felt soles and tungsten cleats, a pair of neoprene chest high waders with a wading belt AND a Mustang SOS PFD.
I've been in our waters when expecting it... it's cold and wild! And unfortunately, I've also been in our waters when not expecting it... it's cold, wild and scares that crap out of you!!! If conditions are real bad, I toss on a pair of the Korker chains.... if it is still too wild and slick... I leave!

Reactions: beaverfan
B
bythesea
felt sole waders for me too,I started wearing them cause I'd wore the soles off two regular pair in just under six months.But I do have to say they do stick better and the waders keep the water off my legs.

Last edited:
B
Born2Fish55
Trout said:
I'm going to try some jetty fishing fly flinging. I've got some wading boots with carbide tips should work ok. Has anyone tried those boot chains for walking in ice and snow ?
http://www.amazon.com/Icetrekker-Chains/dp/B0006J58SO

Read my earlier post.... if really bad, I wear Korker brand chains... same thing as the one you are looking at, just paid more for the Korker name and guarantee. :lol: