Going to float the Umpqua

S
sherman
Camping this weekend at the Elkton RV park & going to float the Umpqua on saturday for a little bass fishing. Anybody interested in joining me let me know. My old truck boss is a camp host there & shuttles people up to slide creek for the float. I've never floated it before & any tips has to what works best to get the bite on would be appriciated.
If interested you can pm me & I'll give you my cell #

T
TimberTodd
No tips but I will say I am envious. Good luck and dont forget the sunscreen.
Todd

F
flyguy202011
I would love to go!!! how much money we talking?

F
Finneus Polebender
sherman said:
Camping this weekend at the Elkton RV park & going to float the Umpqua on saturday for a little bass fishing. Anybody interested in joining me let me know. My old truck boss is a camp host there & shuttles people up to slide creek for the float. I've never floated it before & any tips has to what works best to get the bite on would be appriciated.
If interested you can pm me & I'll give you my cell #

No expert but i can hook ya up with what worked 4 us last year in that stretch . will see if the Mrs would like to float the might U for a day.

F
Finneus Polebender
flyguy202011 said:

Pretty sure it will be cheap for shuttle between all of us, will cover ya , especially if your comin from P town , Do ya have a boat/ toon?

F
FishFiddle
We did Yellow Creek to Kellogg Bridge like 10 days back. Had a blast and were using flies only. They seemed to like color and movement and it helped to have weighted flies. We meant to use some nightcrawlers but forgot them at home in the fridge.:confused: We put in early and were ready to be done by early afternoon as it gets pretty hot. Need a good hat and sunscreen and weight to get down in the deeper holes for the bigguns! Good Luck!

S
sherman
flyguy202011 said:

If you can make it down & have a pontoon it will just cost you your gas down here. My old truck boss shuttles cheap for beer money & I'm sure I can cover that. I always bring him beer when we camp at his rv park anyway. Want to get on the river early saturday morn before it gets too hot.

F
FishFiddle
If in Elkton I always stop at Thomasellis' Pastry shop! It is between the Grocery store and Arlenes, great place and wonderful pastries, etc.

F
Finneus Polebender
Sounds like we are in Sherman will call ya tonight to set the details will roll in sat morn by 8 so we can get off the water before the big scorch.

T
TTFishon
Good luck guys!!! I hopw you get into some big ones!!!

S
sherman
FishFiddle said:
If in Elkton I always stop at Thomasellis' Pastry shop! It is between the Grocery store and Arlenes, great place and wonderful pastries, etc.

Oh ya we have eaten there several times. Used to ride the Harley over to Elkton with a bunch just to eat there or at Arlen's.

S
sherman
Sounds great FP. I'll through a couple extra steaks in the cooler so we can have a Bar-bq afterwards.

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
Good luck guys!!! I hopw you get into some big ones!!!

Clackin craw says what????????? ....................not to mention the wife is coming and bringin the purple fish slayer so there is definitely a chance of stupid big smallmouth pics.

Last edited:
H
Hawk
Catch many bigguns bro's/sis. .:lol::lol::lol:
Have an Awesome FUns time.

:D:D
:cool::cool:

R
Razz
Going too be WARM and catching should be Hot on SM.

F
Finneus Polebender
Wow what a gorgeous day catchin was well slow by umpqua standards very hot out water was great! up a bit for this time of year. we managed to luck out and had no afternoon wind ,made for a nice lazy float and no fight to get home caught perhaps a dozen each or so kinda hit em every once in a while the whole way down. It was mid day though too could have been much better early or at dusk. Thanks for the float and the great dinner afterwards Glen we will have to make it an event and perhaps more will come next year thats a sweet set up there at the pull out and would work great as a get together spot . sounded reasonable too. here are the few not so monster smallie picks of the day think Glens was the biggest... 026.jpg025.jpg027.jpg

S
sherman
Thanks for comming down Dave it was fun even though the bite wasn't hot but the weather was. We just got home & I guess I'll have to eat Lisa's steak for dinner tonite since she didn't make down. Hope she's feeling better.

T
TTFishon
Looks like it was a good trip! Hopefully I can make it next year.