What a lousy weekend.

S
Spydeyrch
Well, this weekend turned out to be a pretty lousy one. :( I got to go fishing and all but I only went because of two things. One, my family (wife and kids) and I went to Big Eddy Park on Saturday, which is where I went fishing.

But mainly it was horrible because my grandpa passed away. I didn't think that I was going to take it as hard as I did but it is affecting me much more than I thought. I am still battling with feelings of remorse and loss, which I know is normal.

He truly was a fantastic person. I just wish that he could have met his newest grandson, my son.

While at Big Eddy, I caught two cutties. a 10 incher and a 6 incher. I almost, several times, hooked up with either a really large (at least 20 inches) rainbow, or it was a nice steelie. That would have been crazy to catch that thing on my 5wt rod! hahahaha

But even catching the fish didn't filter out the feeling of losing someone special to me.

May he rest in peace and know that he is both loved and missed dearly.

-Spydey

I love you Grandpa.

Reactions: bigsteel
B
bigsteel
sorry for your loss spydey,,standing in the river with memories of your grandfather will help the healing.

M
Mad dog
Sorry to hear of your Grandfathers passing. :(

Time heals all and eventually there will be things that remind you of him and will bring a smile to your face! Then you will know that he will be with you always! :clap:

Oh...congrat's on a couple of nice fish!

S
Spydeyrch
Mad dog said:
Oh...congrat's on a couple of nice fish!

Thanks mad dog. It was nice. My 5 year old and I waded out into the river. He thought it was pretty cool because the water was at his chest level. We walked out to a small little island in the river. The fish were jumping on the other side. Even the huge one would come completely out!!

He called the island "Fishing Island". I really enjoyed those moments with him.

-Spydey

J
JeannaJigs
Sorry to hear of such a loss. The memories you have will never leave you, and you will pass similar memories on to your kids.

M
Moe
Sorry about your loss man, hopefully you will pull through and remember all the special moments you had with him. May he rest in peace.

M
mahmichael
Peace be upon him. I just lost mine too, three days ago! I know how would that feel :(

H
halibuthitman
I can only imagine how fishing must be for him in heaven...