Scent for steelhead

S
sheed
I'm planning on doing some Steelhead fishing in the near future and I wanted to use some yarn and load it up with some scent.
What scent do you boys and girls use for steelhead?

P
plumb2fish
Craw/anise will never work

S
sheed
plumb2fish said:
Craw/anise will never work

hahahha
I'm looking for scents that does work.

T
the rookie
pro cure ghost shrimp

B
bigboy70
sheed said:
hahahha
I'm looking for scents that does work.
hes joking works well

jamisonace
jamisonace
He's not joking....it doesn't work...at all...ever.

bigboy70 said:
hes joking works well

B
bigboy70
jamisonace said:
He's not joking....it doesn't work...at all...ever.

Ok then the guys I talked to had no idea or were the south end of a horse

P
plumb2fish
IMAG0010.jpgimagejpeg_2_14.jpgIMAG0116.jpgIMG950784.jpgimagejpeg_2_18.jpg
Crawdad/anise doesn't EVER help, and never EVER put it on soft plastics....

D
dtikey
normally I wouldn't tell but since one of my fishing partners did already (plumb2fish) craw/anise is pretty much the only scent I use for steelhead on yarnballs and I will useally out fish the guys fishing bait. This scent with the right colors of yarn have put hunderds of steelhead on the end of my line per year.

S
sheed
Got it!
So never put it on soft plastics.
What color yarn should I never put this on?

S
Steeliekiller
I've had success with mikes uv shrimp sent on white yarn. It turns the yarn to a nice pinkish color. An I fish that with a pegged bead or smallersize corkey . Seams to work for me.

S
sheed
plumb2fish said:
Crawdad/anise doesn't EVER help, and never EVER put it on soft plastics....

What brand?
There seems to be a few out there.

N
n8r1
It looks like you're looking for yarn scent, but if you decide to put some scent on your spinners, don't use the Vaseline consistency stuff. It makes the spinner blade and body sticky and keeps your blade from spinning like it should. Just use the oily kind you can buy at the store, or make your own.

D
DYJ
Anise, Krill, shrimp, and Garlic scents have all got fish for me.

B
bigboy70
So adding scent to hardware is just another attracting feature?

P
plumb2fish
I don't remember the name, but its the Vaseline type......I put it on yarn, corkies, slinkeys, pink worms...any place it will stick, never scented a spinner before...

E
eugene1
Down here, crawdad tail wraps are the hot bait for wrapping kwiks...

Maybe the crawdads eat the fish eggs, and the fish hate them??

Best,

P
plumb2fish
I've caught plenty summers on weightless drifted crawdad tail meat

D
dtikey
when I fish pink worms I use krill/egg most of the time. All my scents for the most part are smelly jelly paste. The scent holds on for the longest for me and sorry but you will have to figure out which colors of yarn to use for where you are fishing and the conditions can't give all the secrets away.

R
rippin fish lips
dtikey said:
when I fish pink worms I use krill/egg most of the time. All my scents for the most part are smelly jelly paste. The scent holds on for the longest for me and sorry but you will have to figure out which colors of yarn to use for where you are fishing and the conditions can't give all the secrets away.

Mikes oils. Mikes salmon egg oil, miked craw/anise and earthworm oil works too. Salmon egg oil works good on yarn that looks like skeins of eggs as your bait. Match your scent to the colors of your yarn for the lost effectiveness. Use shrimp for anything that has shrimp colors in it ect. All I can say or I'm in trouble with mike d and plumb