Steelhead rod and reel

F
Fishpdx
Hello guys, Since I have only one steelhead combo, I want to buy the cheapest steelhead combo just for backup. Can you guys Recommand A Cheap Combo??? thank You

jhop111
jhop111
Bimart carries north by northwestern. That's the cheapest combo that you can get and still have it be reliable

S
Steeliekiller
I have the north by northwest and I love it. It has a good action to it an very strong rod been fishing with it for over a year an pulled some good fish with it. Pulled a 20# fally no problem.

F
Fishpdx
Steeliekiller said:
I have the north by northwest and I love it. It has a good action to it an very strong rod been fishing with it for over a year an pulled some good fish with it. Pulled a 20# fally no problem.

So They carry them at bimart??? What price is it????

S
Steeliekiller
I believe under 60. May be cheaper now for the holidays

jhop111
jhop111
Check the black Friday ad to see for sure. Look at the rods for they have a medium and a heavier rod. I prefer the medium. I know a couple guys that slay fish with those rods. The reels are crud but for a backup you won't find a combo for a better price.

F
Fishpdx
Steeliekiller said:
I believe under 60. May be cheaper now for the holidays

WOW Thats Cheap I was thingking about 70-80 bucks

Troutski
Troutski
Agreed...

Agreed...

Agreed, Northwestern is all that has been said. You can't go wrong for the price, and they are very durable...
Happy Thanksgiving...

Chuck

S
Steeliekiller
I really didn't have any issues with the reel. However I did buy a 7 bearing okuma that is a bit smoother but casts about the same.