Ride from St. Helens to Big Creek

G
Gannon
So the Winter run is on and looks like a good start. I'm going to try to go as often as possible and I have some extra room if someone wants to chip in on some gas. I live in St. Helens area and it's about an hour drive to the creek. Anyone interested?

S
steelheader19
Wait for the rain to come... Its droping fast right now... I would stick to the nf nehalem or other coastal rivers until the rain comes again..
Tight lines good luck.. :)

G
Gannon
I have to start work at Mt. Hood Meadows soon and will be switching to the Sandy during the winter season, don't know how many chances Ill have for Big Creek so Ill take every day I can. I know some spots they hold up in during low water conditions, and if anything Ill hit the Columbia near by.
If anyone wants to go let me know!

H
halibuthitman
I would head up there soon, the hatchery has already had 8 winters in the trap... Its on!

G
Gannon
I agree.

J
jesse202505
Gannon said:
I have to start work at Mt. Hood Meadows soon and will be switching to the Sandy during the winter season,

If your up by Mt hood I I've heard good things about the salmon river up in Welches area. I haven't fished it yet but I know a few locals up there that say good things about it.

G
Gannon
it is good, I lived their and loved it.

G
Gannon
I have a van so I can fit a few people.