Looking to buy a new rod, need some help

J
JHawk
I'm looking for a steelhead bobber rod. I'm thinking like 11', 8-17#, 1/2-2 or 3 ounce, medium power, fast action, baitcaster, but the problem is I can't find them in a 4 or 5 piece (that's what fits in the Expedition best with the dog crate and all the other "stuff").

Does anyone know of a 4 or 5 piece like that? Is there someone that could convert a 2-piece for me?

Any suggestions?

G
grampa ron
You will probly have to have it made.

F
fishinshawn
JHawk said:
I'm looking for a steelhead bobber rod. I'm thinking like 11', 8-17#, 1/2-2 or 3 ounce, medium power, fast action, baitcaster, but the problem is I can't find them in a 4 or 5 piece (that's what fits in the Expedition best with the dog crate and all the other "stuff").

Does anyone know of a 4 or 5 piece like that? Is there someone that could convert a 2-piece for me?

Any suggestions?

That sounds more like a 10-20lb rated rod to me, even those I think top out at 1.5 or 2oz. I have a 6-10lb 4 piece clarus that is 11'3" long, and I know they make a 10ft 8-17 clarus, but it is only a 2 piece. You might try cabelas, I know they make quite a few travel rods....

H
halibuthitman
you could leave the dog at home... and keep the rod a two piece.

J
JHawk
fishinshawn said:
That sounds more like a 10-20lb rated rod to me, even those I think top out at 1.5 or 2oz. I have a 6-10lb 4 piece clarus that is 11'3" long, and I know they make a 10ft 8-17 clarus, but it is only a 2 piece. You might try cabelas, I know they make quite a few travel rods....

I looked at the Clarus four piece, but it's only rated at 1/8-1/2 ounce and I'm leery of throwing 1-1.5 ounces. I was hoping for something with a little more backbone.

Are there any local (Willamette Valley) custom rod builders that y'all'd suggest for a 4-piece 10-11' travel rod?

jhop111
jhop111
Chrome seeker might. I hear nothing but good about them. However most all custom builders are booked. So don't be in a hurry

M
Modest_Man
Why such a heavy rod for steelhead? I'd go for like a 10'6" 4-8lb or 6-10lb rod for steelhead.