So sad

T
TimberTodd
I work for a school. One of the teachers dressed in her breathable waders and fly vest for Halloween. Knowing my love of fishing she told me none of her classes had any idea what she was dressed as. She explained what she was wearing and how they were used. She then asked if any of them had ever been fishing. No-one raised their hand. If anyone reads this and has kids, please take them fishing. You wont find a better fishing partner.

Chromatose
Chromatose
Very sad indeed. Sounds like a Take a Kid fishing day might be the ticket in order.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
What a great opportunity for a field trip! :D Even taking them to a trout farm would open a whole new world to them. Not to mention the health benefits versus playing video games day after day.

S
Spydeyrch
Seriously tinker!!!????? WOW!!!! That just leaves me speechless!!! :shock:

I took my oldest out for the first time when he was I think 4 and my 2nd out with him when she was 2. They each caught fish and loved it.

Those kids at that school are missing out on something truly spectacular and life changing.

What needs to happen to get those kids out on the water with a rod in hand?

What kind of a program needs to be incorporated into that school?

-Spydey

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Spydeyrch said:
Seriously tinker!!!?????

-Spydey
???...tinker left the building...Todd is still here...:hi: :lol:

F
fishtales
I took my children to "lake howl" on Halloween and we caught monster fish. Sorry, I could not resist.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
fishtales said:
I took my children to "lake howl" on Halloween and we caught monster fish. Sorry, I could not resist.
:lol: :lol:

S
Spydeyrch
Raincatcher said:
???...tinker left the building...Todd is still here...:hi: :lol:

Oops my bad. My tablet must have done an auto correct or something. Meant to say Todd. Hehehehe

-Spydey

N
nativefish
Shoulda pulled out your women in waders calender and showed em whats up.

T
TimberTodd
My dad had me into my first steelhead at the age of 9. I think todays society is directing folks in other directions. Give a kid an Xbox and a cell phone and they are content.

M
markasd
Sad indeed.... my boy is only 2 and is my fishing partner now. Goes at the drop of a dime.. doesn't use much gear (yet).. doesn't care if your catchin' a bunch of fish as long as were fishing!

T
TimberTodd
markasd said:
Sad indeed.... my boy is only 2 and is my fishing partner now. Goes at the drop of a dime.. doesn't use much gear (yet).. doesn't care if your catchin' a bunch of fish as long as were fishing!

Keep up the good work.