11 lb Common carp

I
igquick

Caught at Kelley Point Park at the Columbia Slough.

Reactions: bass
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I love the fight in those fish! Good job!

I
igquick
Thanks! Nice avatar by the way. Yea that was the 11 lber that took about 10 minutes to haul in, which is the same amount of time it took me to haul in the 25 lber. John was right, the 16 to 19 lbers take the longest to reel in. You can never tell how big they are til you see the fish

bass
bass
Great video! I have not fished for carp in a year or so but that gets me fired up to go do it again. Also, I think you need a smaller net :)

I
igquick
Thanks! Yea i think a bluegill net would've worked better

R
Rain
:O

Y
Youngfishermen
Nice Fish!!! When Did You catch This guy, because I thought carp season is over?

I
igquick
Thanks, i caught this guy technically on the last day of summer...Carp season isn't over in my opinion, but when it gets really cold, they like to hide/hibernate in large groups if you can find them; or they try to find places where the water is warm...I find my favorite times to go fishing for carp are spring, summer, and winter...I have had a session where I have caught at least 20 carp during spring and winter. That same session during winter, I had a carp on each rod at the same time (that was tiring)...during summer i had a session where every time i casted, 5 seconds later a carp would bend my rod in half, but i didn't catch 20 that day...so far this fall Ive caught 6 carp and 6 catfish

S
Surejam
Nice work! Isn't that at the grate? I tried there a few months ago and did pretty good. Nothing big though... the cats were all tiny!

Surejam