Found a rod on the Clackamas

C
ChezJfrey
Although I found no fish this morning, I did find a rod.

If you lost possession of one, tell me the details.

T
Tinker
If it has a handle of solid gold and the guides are pure platinum, and it has hundreds of diamond and emerald studs, it's mine!

D
DrTheopolis
Lost one a couple of years ago, in the water -- some POS ros with a Stradic 3000. I'll go a million-to-one it's not the one you found.

C
ChezJfrey
DrTheopolis said:
Lost one a couple of years ago, in the water -- some POS ros with a Stradic 3000. I'll go a million-to-one it's not the one you found.

LOL, yeah, that's a long shot. Not surprisingly, it is not yours as there is no Stradic on it.

In other news, I have now officially given up on the Clack until winters arrive. Went chasing coho this morning and caught a jack...while not too exciting, it is significant to note that this is my first fish caught with a drift method. Yay!

T
troutmasta
Ever on the drift?

D
DrTheopolis
I see the Clack Coho haven't done anything to change their age-old reputation. I've caught more nooks and steelies on the Clack than I can count, still 0-for-whatever on coho. Not that I spend much time fall fishing on the Clack, but those suckers don't seem to bite much. Had huge-number coho days on coastal streams, never seems to happen on the Clack, unless one has a degree in dentistry.

Speaking of... I wonder, with the high chinook numbers everywhere, how the Clack fall chinook are? Before the dams 100 years ago, you could supposedly walk across their back come the fall rains. Now, they're almost extinct. My buddy caught one last fall (carefully released), about the same odds as winning the lotto, I think. It'd be great to see them come back in fishable numbers.

C
ChezJfrey
troutmasta said:
Ever on the drift?

Yep. Tried it in the beginning with steelhead, but after a few successes with hardware, pretty much focused on that. I then got quite a few with a bobber/jig, and a couple on the fly. While I don't drift often, I still try occasionally and never get fish...until today. Which is weird, because the way I fish spoons, I might as well be drifting...I either slack line 'em, or a little bit of tension and just watch the line most of the time picking up the fish when it hesitates or stops, or feel a slight bump. I've only had a handful of yank-your-arm-off takes. Same thing with fly...watch the line and got both on a slack line. So I don't think it's necessarily a case of me not sensing a bite.

Go figure what my problem with drifting is...probably wrong water or wrong color for that particular day.

T
troutmasta
I love drifting little clumps of eggs for ho's it can be deadly on the sandy. I dont drift as much as I used to but It defenetly has its place on my arsenal.
Nice Job on the jack!