High water steely

B
bran_man
So I have been hitting home river again and started wacking the steelhead so I thought I would share my most recent outing. I went out about 6pm or so with just around an hour or so before sunset. Turns out I only needed about half that. Bobber down first cast, ended up being a nice little 15" or so pellet head. little bit later another bobber down. this one didn't stick and eventually popped off. switched to drifting corky and roe for a little bit with nothing to show but a few more trout and a chub lol. decided to move just a little bit upriver and start my bobber assault again. second cast at new spot, slips under. I follow up with a power hookset and a bright fish erupts in the air immediately. Fight ended up being just ok did a couple nice runs but came in a little quick (drag was even super loose). got the 3 B's. Turned out to be a nice bright fresh hen. Berry bonuses are always the best! Meat cut great and was def grill worthy, but still decided to send it to the smoker anyways. I have plenty of fresh vaccum sealed salmon still for the grill :D
1001131828-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Admin
E
eugene1
Good to see you still getting that summer chrome!

Best,

W
waco
Nice fish!!!

D
DYJ
Nice Fish! I've heard some good reports lately... I'm just having a hard time not chasing salmon this year. Maybe I'll stay local and use the extra time to knock the the "honey do" list this weekend.

B
bran_man
DYJ said:
Nice Fish! I've heard some good reports lately... I'm just having a hard time not chasing salmon this year. Maybe I'll stay local and use the extra time to knock the the "honey do" list this weekend.
Yeah I have not been doing very well this year on fall salmon unfortunately! I am a bank maggot though so its a little harder for me. I also have not been fall salmon fishing for very long so I am not very familiar with too many good bank spots lol. 2 jobs and an infant at home doesn't really help with fishing either lol. excuses excuses! ha ha so home river it is when I dont have much time lol

D
DYJ
Congrats on the new baby at home... I'm expecting my winter steelhead season to get cut short for the same reason, but I'm lookin forward to it.

Reactions: bran_man
jamisonace
jamisonace
Nice job putting in the time. This weather has me itchin for a Mckenzie float.