Chinook in the Alsea?

J
jd15
when is the best time to start fishing in the north fork siletz by the hatchery????? i dont know but where and when is a good time to start fishing any part of the alsea for chinook???? wow i meant north fork alsea feel like a retard now

Last edited:
R
RunWithSasquatch
Dude.

Your post doesn't make any sense.

Weird.

And if you were actually trying to say NF Alsea for chinook, you're about 25 miles above the deadline. Read your regulations.

And if you're talking NF Siletz, just as bad, read your regulations.

Good luck, I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: fishinmachine
T
troutmasta
ouch

R
rippin fish lips
jd15 said:
when is the best time to start fishing in the north fork siletz by the hatchery????? i dont know but where and when is a good time to start fishing any part of the alsea for chinook????

This Guy. Still failing to get a reg book and learn his sht. lol

T
troutmasta
rippin fish lips said:
This Guy. Still failing to get a reg book and learn his sht. lol

Not to mention a pretty needy post with not much to OFFer.

J
JeannaJigs
Biting tongue HARD. Reg books are free. That is all.

J
jd15
Sorry didn't realize because last year i was told by everybody on the river that the deadline was the same as the steelhead deadline for alsea my bad

Reactions: JeannaJigs
J
JeannaJigs
jd15 said:
Sorry didn't realize because last year i was told by everybody on the river that the deadline was the same as the steelhead deadline for alsea my bad

If you were told meth is good for your health, would you believe that too? Seriously, I think you can read. They give you this pretty little booklet for free with your required tag every year and it will tell you all you need to know. Many members have told you multiple times to familiarize yourself with this booket, you really should. You think we are harsh, mr underpaid and grouchy fish and game officer won't roll with your excuse that your homies told you it was okay. Ignorance is not an excuse.

J
jd15
when you go up there and see poeple landing them and they tell you its legal you seem to believe them again i know the rules for steelhead not salmon i dont fish for salmon very much and when i do im with poeple that do know whats legal god damn dont be such ***** please!!
JeannaJigs said:
If you were told meth is good for your health, would you believe that too? Seriously, I think you can read. They give you this pretty little booklet for free with your required tag every year and it will tell you all you need to know. Many members have told you multiple times to familiarize yourself with this booket, you really should. You think we are harsh, mr underpaid and grouchy fish and game officer won't roll with your excuse that your homies told you it was okay. Ignorance is not an excuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Admin
Admin
Admin
jd15 said:
when you go up there and see poeple landing them and they tell you its legal you seem to believe them again i know the rules for steelhead not salmon i dont fish for salmon very much and when i do im with poeple that do know whats legal

jd15 people are trying to help you here.

jd15 said:
god damn dont be such ***** please!!

Warning. Any form of insult is prohibited here at O.F.F.

Last edited:
J
jd15
so i looked it up i should have looked before posting but last year is when i was told it was legal and they changed it for this year aparently? thanks for the input everybody

Reactions: troutmasta
T
troutmasta
No problem!
Sorry we can be a little jumpy on the regs.
Its an anglers responsibilty to know the law.
I commend you for doing your home work, know you now for next time. Just remember it could be different next year.

J
JeannaJigs
Wasn't legal last year, or the year before, or before that, or before that. That said glad you've read the regs and know what's legal now. Know that salmon regs potentially change every year and you need to get the reg book and the salmon pamphlet that's released every summer.

F
fishinmachine
Or the year before that or the year before that....ect. The boundry was fall cr for years...years. Then for years...years after that it was below the confluence of five rivers. Now as of this year it is Rivers edge (according to the printed regulations, who knows what the "emergency regulations" will change to). Not even close to being confused with the North Fork near the hatchery. You have to understand how ridiculous your question sounded to people who read and pay attention to the regs right?? Thanks to a certain sportsmans associations hard work, this year you are allowed 1 silver (coho) a day and 2 a year on the Alsea. Hows the Chinook fishing on the big elk?

Reactions: JeannaJigs
J
jd15
i havent even fished the big elk for chinook becuase i havent looked to see if its legal this year or not but i know they are mostly sorebacks coming up becuase of lack of rain but they are coming in slowly
fishinmachine said:
Or the year before that or the year before that....ect. The boundry was fall cr for years...years. Then for years...years after that it was below the confluence of five rivers. Now as of this year it is Rivers edge (according to the printed regulations, who knows what the "emergency regulations" will change to). Not even close to being confused with the North Fork near the hatchery. You have to understand how ridiculous your question sounded to people who read and pay attention to the regs right?? Thanks to a certain sportsmans associations hard work, this year you are allowed 1 silver (coho) a day and 2 a year on the Alsea. Hows the Chinook fishing on the big elk?

S
Steelnook
Try the alsea for winter steel

J
jd15
Steelnook said:
Try the alsea for winter steel
I do this will be my 3rd year fishing the alsea for winters i tag out almost every time

H
halibuthitman
JeannaJigs said:
Biting tongue HARD. Reg books are free. That is all.
and they come in pretty handy at 4 am when that gas station coffee hits the old lower intestines... in the middle of nowhere!!! just sayin-

H
halibuthitman
DrTheopolis said:
JD, do you have internet access?
hes posting on a fishing forum................................................................................. on the internet..

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
jd15 said:
See this is weird becuase in the reg book for 2013 it says that the big elk is open for chinook and when i looked online it says its open im confused

the info and link that fishinmachine posted is from the "2013 Coastal Fall Chinook Salmon Sport Regulations, Adopted by Oregon Fish and Wildlife Commission June 6, 2013".

you get to that update to the 2013 regs on-line also when you click on "Regulation Changes and Updates" and then "Northwest Zone".

bottom line, per the June 6 update to the regs, Big Elk Creek is closed Aug1 to Dec31.

cheers, roger