Tuna recipe for novice cook

F
fishtales
Anyone want to share a recipe. I have a few good size chunks of tuna from a friend. They must be a few pounds each. Any easy ideas??

C_Run
C_Run
We try to get a couple off the boats every year. Usually we just baste them w/olive oil and barbecue them on the Weber with alder chips. Use the leftovers for sandwiches and pasta dishes. Tastes good and not rocket science.

F
fishtales
That sounds good. I will probably try and bbq then. Never cooked it, but I guess it can not be to hard.

C_Run
C_Run
If it's pretty thick, 30 minutes plus or minus.

W
WillFish
It's best very rare or raw in the center.

Slicing into medallions about 1-1.5" and cooking on a steak-hot barby a coupla minutes per side works well.

Try marinating medallions in tamari, balsamic vinegar, toasted sesame oil mix, salt and cook.
You can also dip the marinated medallions in sesame seeds and cook.

Enjoy!

F
fishtales
I have seen it cooked this way in restaurants. The other day someone mentioned to brine it in salt.

I think the marinating sound faster and easier, thanks.

WillFish said:
It's best very rare or raw in the center.

Slicing into medallions about 1-1.5" and cooking on a steak-hot barby a coupla minutes per side works well.

Try marinating medallions in tamari, balsamic vinegar, toasted sesame oil mix, salt and cook.
You can also dip the marinated medallions in sesame seeds and cook.

Enjoy!

E
eugene1
fishtales, what a great meal fresh Albacore is!

I buy some of that Italian dressing that is just the dried components in an envelope. Add oil and water to reconstitute it according to the directions. Put the tuna loins into a gallon ziplock and add the Italian dressing. marinate it for an hour or so in the fridge. Grill on high until the entire piece of fish is cooked...

Enjoy with some good friends, bread, corn on the cob, and perhaps a micro or homebrew. Nothing better.

I use the leftover cooked tuna for tuna salad sandwiches, almost as good as the stuff the night before. I'm getting hungry and should fire up the grill...

Best and Enjoy!

F
fishtales
Thanks for all the great recipes. Can't wait to eat the leftovers with a sandwich or salad this work week.

C_Run
C_Run
Our neighbor just dropped off a big chunk from their fishing trip! I'll try something new with it like one of the marinades above.