Fly fishing get together (details)

M
mrlindeman
Water on the main north is running 6600 CFS with dropping levels to 4400 CFS by saturday morning. Water will be clear but semi high. The little north shouldbe good for nymphs and stoneflies, some caddis hatching.

Reactions: eggs
E
eggs
Think we are all going to stay at shady cove..

B
BigShayne
simple directions?

brandon4455
brandon4455
To reach Shady Cove Campground from Salem, follow State Highway 22 east to Mehama. At milepost 23 turn left on Little North Santiam Road (Forest Road 2209) and proceed for 19 miles to the campground.

B
BigShayne
Thanks Brandon!

Reactions: lilsalmon, eggs and Drew9870
brandon4455
brandon4455
always glad to help :D

D
Drew9870
That was pretty awesome, I really look forward to some more get-togethers, the crowd was awesome, and it was great to finally meet Eggs, Bigsteel, youngfishtyler, Gungasuncle, Brandon, Lilsalmon (2nd time actually), OntheFly, GDBrown. Got to meet Bigshayne today as well just before packing up.

I can always look forward to catching one thing while camping...... A good buzz :D.

Brandon was cracking me up last night, even funnier when eggs had something to say about Brandon being so ''out of it'' ;).

That was a freakin hilarious trip :lol:, and the crowd was awesome.

P.S. If anyone ever needs a stump turned into mulch in a matter of minutes, give YoungFishTyler a PM :D, that kid is an animal with the double sided axe.

Last edited:
Reactions: eggs
M
mrlindeman
Hell YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was an awesome gathering!! I had a blast. Karen did too. Everyone there was great and so friendly. I know sometimes we all kinda argue a bit but I think getting together really created some long time friends indeed. ALl of you were great. not a whole lot of trout caught but hey. Elkhorn is a good site to camp and bear creek I heard is a rockin trout location. That should be our next get together. Thanks for the firewood big steel :) Karen got her water haul and roll cast down great. We fished Mehema at the tailout with bobbers and worms, as well as Skein eggs for Chinook. Not a darn thing. :( Karen and I will be fishing and camping at north Santiam rec park next weekend. Maybe some people could meet out there that could not make it to this gathering. :) Once again. Thanks for the invite and to all OFFer's I think we could do things like this more often. It was a great experience and the river was absolutely beautiful.

Reactions: lilsalmon
D
Drew9870
"Goodnight Sally"

:lol::lol::lol: I get it all the time eggs, Sally is probably #1 though.

E
eggs
Drew9870 said:
"Goodnight Sally"

:lol::lol::lol: I get it all the time eggs, Sally is probably #1 though.
Hahaha :lol: fishing is just the front we use to get together and bs around the fire!

Have you guys met Brandon?

Reactions: brandon4455
D
Drew9870
eggs said:
Have you guys met Brandon?

:lol: OMG. That had me cracking up, even right now lol, think we will have to ask that around the fire at any other upcoming meet up.

Meatspin...... lol.

Reactions: lilsalmon and brandon4455
T
TTFishon
Any fish?

E
eggs
TTFishon said:
Any fish?
I got a single 5" cuttie.. didn't know it was there till I went to cast upstream

Uncle was getting into them, same with lilsalmon.

brandon4455
brandon4455
gungasuncle got 3 bows and eggo waffle got one little cutthroat on a dry. i missed one and lilsalmon hooked one. it was sloooooww that water is high too. but i had a great time. could not have asked for a better trip. i got to meet some cool people and whip some flies around. look forward to doing that again. i laughed way to much last night. eggs would not stop saying funny stuff and i almost died . i could not funcion right lets leave it at that. bahahaha EDIT: your post didn't show up until i posted. my bad eggo

Reactions: Drew9870
D
Drew9870
Almost forgot about Eggo lol.

Brandon, I think you were crackin yourself up , we weren't laughing with you........;)

The Little North Fork is just not normal right now, I don't remember the last time I got skunked anywhere on that river. Elkhorn would be another stretch to consider, but it gets packed after the warm weather settles in.

L
lilsalmon
It was a great time.......been dozing in the chair after unloading the car and getting a hot, hot shower.....We don't get much sleep at these gatherings.....I have officially quit practicing catch and release and have switched to hook and release......its safer on the fish...grrrrr....:D It was great meeting some more new people and having awesome company around the fire and fishing.....I also officially celebrated the end of college and unemployment...no more Long Island Ice Tea for me.......When the level goes down I am ready to meet back there again and slay the fish Thanks everyone for an excellent weekend, again

L
lilsalmon
Who's Brandon? Was he there?

G
GDBrown
No McDonalds

No McDonalds

I had a great time as well, even if I did forget my waders!:wall::doh: After failing to get all the way to Elk Horn Lake I headed for Detroit. Dang I always thought they had a "McD" there.:lol: There were gobs of people all around the lake and plenty of hot boats with hot looking girls taking in the sun.
The wind was howling though and I spent an hour on the Brightenbush arm practicing my single handed Circle D cast. I watched six or eight fish holding in the bottom of a hole and could not get my fly down with all the back eddies and current changes, even with my sink tip line. It was as crystal clear just like the Little N Fork.

Don't let Drew kid you folks, he may talk crap and show bass but he has one heck of a roll cast!:shock: I was afraid to fish near him for fear of looking like a rookie.

O
OnTheFly
eggs said:
Hahaha :lol: fishing is just the front we use to get together and bs around the fire!
Never a dull moment that's for sure.:lol: My jaws still hurt from laughing so much. I'm beginning to think fishing is only a formality on these get-to-gethers.

Bigsteel: Thanks for setting it all up. That area is awesome and I hope you don't snag my shorts on a roll cast when I'm swimming in there some day.:D

lilsamon: don't forget to patch that hole in your waders by the next trip. Remember...we fish (cold) water.:shock:

GDBrown: After giving away your tent at the Deschutes last weekend and having me throw away your camp chair this weekend I was wondering if you could call me first if you ever decide to give up the 4wt:pray:

Eggs: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Brandon: Let me know when you're going to (Run) up the hill next time so I can attach all my gear on you.:D

Drew: How did you learn to roll cast like that?:shock: That's a thing of beauty! Oh...and just because we've met doesn't mean I'm letting you off the hook with carp jokes:lol:;)

Mrlindeman: Thanks for suggesting we tell jokes. It was all down hill from there.:lol:

Gungasuncle and youngfishtyler: Even though Elkhorn Lake was snowed in, I enjoyed the view. All that way only to find out the fish were biting back at camp.:wall:

Had a great time everyone. Let's do it again soon!:)

Reactions: Drew9870 and lilsalmon
G
GDBrown
My 4wt?

My 4wt?

OnTheFly said:
.....GDBrown: After giving away your tent at the Deschutes last weekend and having me throw away your camp chair this weekend I was wondering if you could call me first if you ever decide to give up the 4wt:pray:.....

When they pry it from my cold dead fingers.....;) OH wait!:shock: that my be on the next fishing trip!:(

I'm starting on the winding jig tomorrow.:D:D:D

GD

PS. I hear thunder outside right now! Quick what do I do?