6 / 4 / 2011 gp

C
Combat Chuck
Im new to the kokanee thing but am getting the hang of it. I took my first trip this year. A little slow but consistent. Got my fish between 30-50' on sling blades and hoochies. I also lost my concentration after my second fish. A 23" chinook that took a lot of convincing to get in the boat. I swear he pulled me all the way back to the bottom 3 times. I kinda just floated for a while in shock after landing him. It was a great fight on a glass featherlight rod. So I probably could have gotten some more in that time but I was just happy with the one! Got off the water and back home before things got to crazy... the bite died at 8. I left my camera in medford so all i got are cell phone shots. 0604110636.jpg0604111027.jpg0604110732.jpg

Reactions: chris61182
R
RunWithSasquatch
that 23 incher is a tank, looks like a lot of fun.

S
Santiam338
Looks good...I like to tie off on the log boom and jig 'em up...When its hot you can fill the boat up...Maybe I ought to go see for myself..LOL

S
SALTYFISH
That's cool I haven't seen to many posts with land locked kings here in oregon..
I used to fish a lake back home that was loaded with them and kokanee..
I'm curious how the king ate?U could catch buckets full of them back home but they weren't any good for eating,U wanted the kokanee !!

C
Combat Chuck
The Kokanee sure cut darker than the chinook. Im thinking its all headed for the smoker :D

troutdude
troutdude
That's a nice and fat Chinokanee! I'd bet that it'll taste better than you think. After all, they munch on the koke fry and smolts.

C
Combat Chuck
troutdude said:
That's a nice and fat Chinokanee! I'd bet that it'll taste better than you think. After all, they munch on the koke fry and smolts.
Gotta taste better than a pellet-head!

T
TTFishon
Sweet!!! Nice fish man!!!

J
jimst
Combat Chuck said:
Gotta taste better than a pellet-head!
The Koke my wife caught last year tasted as good as any salmon, my favorite, rich, Yumm!

C
Combat Chuck
Just put em on the smoker :) I got another batch this morning. They are headed for the vacuum packer and in the freezer.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I like how you don't invite me. Buddy.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Hawg!!

nice fish!

J
JeannaJigs
Ha ha the puppy assailant is butt hurt. You shoulda invited him! My puppy would've been safe!

That's a seriously nice land locker. I'm assuming it's a land locker? Or do they truck and dump adults like they do on some of the willamette reservoirs? Those Kokanee look good too. Hands down the best eating fish.

C
Combat Chuck
GraphiteZen said:
I like how you don't invite me. Buddy.

oh... do you fish before noon? :lol:

C
Combat Chuck
JeannaJigs said:
That's a seriously nice land locker. I'm assuming it's a land locker?

Yep, and on an old glass Eagle Claw featherlight rod... I had no backbone to pull him up with!

B
BobbiDollPDX
T
the_intimidator03
Nice work chuck, And i figure i should mention since jigs called GZ a puppy assailant....Perhaps we should start a new thread to vote for Zen's new nickname

C
Combat Chuck
Sleepy puppy assailant? :)

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Combat Chuck said:
Sleepy puppy assailant? :)

lol... I ran the poor thing over with a picnic table. Jeanna and I had just moved the table over, she walks away. The puppy then runs under the table while my back is turned and I move to slide it sideways. Lots of yelping... you get the idea. :rolleyes: And there you have it.