opening day on the creek

brandon4455
brandon4455
fished from around 10am until 2:30 water was a bit green and higher then normal from rain..but looked good. fished a bridge just below a locked gate leader to aaron mercer reservoir. Fished the mainstream for a while and got dumped on with rain..no success. So since the regs say the creek and tributaries that means the small 5-9 ft wide stream that flows into the creek was open to fish. i heaed up and found a pool below a small waterfall...looked perfect. casted and bam! nice little cutty! couldnt believe i just caught a fish in a creek no wider then a car and a half :lol: then a suprise..got another! fished up and down the coast range foothills on a logging road i also ran into one of our newest members i helped with the area (o clarki) he said he got a few too . i landed 4 fish up there. most of them smaller sized but beautiful fish. went to work for 3 hours then hit the town stretch and had wayyy more luck. guessing water temp was a factor. got atleast 5-6 fish nymphing a dropper setup. incuding one fish that damn near beat my pb this year but didn't quite have the length but, it is my pb fly fishing trout.:clap: , but the fish is fat as you can see in the picture :lol: the sucker took some line but never jumped. he stayed stuck to the bottom for a minute or two before i got him in. got 1 more in the same slot then moved down creek and got a few more ,moved down more and got 2 more then called it quits, got phone service so i could send pics to my email. (cost me the $30 i made doing work today :/) butman that was one epic day,beautiful water and it only rained for a short period of time in the morning, i also hiked into some spots ive never been too, and found some great water, will be perfect for a fly fishing trip to bring a few others with :cool: a big thanks to bigsteel for helping me with nymphing and showing me mending etc. fishing should be sold once the water drops a wee bit more. i love this place.. i wasn't kidding when i said the cutthroat fishing was good. :lol: forgot to mention there wer a lot of big ass PMDs and BWOs hatching all over the place. i had multiples hatch on my wader/jacket and leave exoskeleton behind :lol: ps: pics are better on my blog they are englarged :cool:

• 052811190703.jpg
  • 052411163529.jpg
  • 052411202611.jpg
  • 052411175037.jpg
  • 052811184833.jpg
  • 052411172717.jpg
  • 052411172723.jpg
  • 052411175042.jpg
  • 052411202519.jpg
  • 052411164500.jpg
Last edited:
T
troutramp
nice I can't wait to get down there one of these days. Dallas aint that far for me :p

troutdude
troutdude
Eggscellant report bro! And you've got a new OFF moniker too: exoskeletonman!!!

Or maybe: exoskeletor!

Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
Wow, Brandon, great job!!!!! I got skunked at the Deschutes, again......operator error...hehe

T
TTFishon
Nice report Brandon!!! Looks like a fun trip for sure!

S
Sinkline
Good fish Brandon! Thanks for the report.

Randy