The Metolius is on fire!

S
steelhead1
My fishing buddy and I were fortunate to have the weekend, for a trip the metolius. We arrived saturday morning to the welcome of snow and dime sized hail,mixed with rain.Thats ok with me,inclement weather seems to keep most in their tents and rv's,more river for us!First cast produced a nice sized white fish, he ran like hell as he was being persued by a steelhead sized bull trout.An awesome start to an epic trip.The action was almost nonstop from the very begining.Beautiful rainbows ranging in size from 4"-17" hammered our nymphs cast after cast.We probably lost and missed just as many fish as we landed,which we guess was around 50 between the two of us, for the weekend.Only landed one bull trout,and didn't hook any monsters,but who can complain about having their best days ever of trout fishing?The cherry on the cake was sunday afternoon as we hiked out.The drakes were coming off like mad,and the fish were rising!Drake patterns trailed with a stimulater, produced a bunch of fish on the top,I love to watch the fish materialize out of nowhere for a drifting fly.Many thanks to Two Rivers Fly Shop,Mitch,you are the man:D

• DSC01565(1).jpg
  • DSC01568(1).jpg
  • DSC01564(1).jpg
  • DSC01558(1).jpg
  • DSC01569(1).jpg
  • DSC01560(1).jpg
L
lilsalmon
beautiful fish!!! Good job

F
FlyBum
For a second I thought some dummy lit the place on fire like the Forest Service did a few years back. LOL but,

My cousin Mike was out there for the weekend too and said the same thing. I think I should have headed there but the Upper D was just too hard to pass on. Looks and sounds like a good time! :)

Last edited:
S
skunk
Very epic!

brandon4455
brandon4455
beautiful fish. gotta love the bright red stripe. :clap: