Found a new fishin hole

brandon4455
brandon4455
hahaha. i like the comment that says nah, thats just chuck norris breathing under water

H
Hawk
OMG...:lol::lol::lol:

HolE to the Center of the EaRth...:lol::lol::lol:
:shock::shock:

F
Finneus Polebender
would not be a fun ride thinkin thats what all the ropes, chain link, and barbed wire is about!

T
Troutier Bassier
plunk spin n glos for bass.
nothing a railroad spike couldn't handle.

S
SALTYFISH
That's funny I used to live 20 min from that lake . That was my main fishing lake .
lot's of bass, catfish,bluegill, crappie, but the prize of the lake is the kokanee, and land locked kings. The kokanee in this lake grow to an average of 20 inches and 2 to 3 pounds. This lake is the only thing i miss about cali.

O and the big whole only flows over in high water, it's called the glory hole. When it's wasent flowing over we used to go to the bottom and skate in it.

C
Coastaldweller
There is a glory hole like that at the Owyhee reservoir. But, there isn't a fence around the lake. If a person was to slip into the water, it would be one hell of a ride!

Diehard
Diehard
and some huge bass at owyhee caught a 3lber right at camp

troutdude
troutdude
Finneus Polebender said:
Any Ideas on the best method to use? [/url]

The best method is...

REVERSE!!!

troutdude
troutdude
And it would be a MIGHTY HAIRY ride in a float tube!

But, Power Eggs OFF the bottom should do the trick.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Gas powered RC helicopter, small electric winch, 20lb braid mainline, 8lb fluorocarbon leader, #4 hook with a big ol night crawler, rigged drop shot style with a 1/2 oz weight 8" below. Then hope you don't hook anything bigger than about a pound, or you've got the cash to replace the heli-fishing rig... XD

B
Born2Fish55
We used to fish around those with a big bobber or balloon...

the current will pull the bobber toward the flow, so you can cover quite a bit of water...
we used a sliding bobber on a swivel like a 'fish finder rig' that allowed us to play out 10 - 15' of line below the bobber...
added just enough weight to keep the bait down deep...
and casting about 40 - 50' or more away from the hole and letting the bait drag toward the suction...
the bait will slowly move at first, then pick up speed as it gets closer...
just make sure and be ready to retrieve in a hurry...
but not too quickly as many pickups take place as you pull away from the hole...
especially if you alternate your retrieve and allow the bait to free-fall as it floats back toward the hole...
then they closed off access to most of these and considered them to be part of the spillway system.
An even better place to fish is below where these waters flow out below the dam in the spillway (also off limits now) as everything that goes into the hole gets ground up and floats out below where a lot of big 'wrinkle-necks' are waiting for a free meal!

A
Ariel&Jared12
SALTYFISH said:
That's funny I used to live 20 min from that lake . That was my main fishing lake .
lot's of bass, catfish,bluegill, crappie, but the prize of the lake is the kokanee, and land locked kings. The kokanee in this lake grow to an average of 20 inches and 2 to 3 pounds. This lake is the only thing i miss about cali.

O and the big whole only flows over in high water, it's called the glory hole. When it's wasent flowing over we used to go to the bottom and skate in it.

Lol that's funny because I lived about 15 mins from the lake for 22 years; I moved to Oregon in June 2010. I love that lake but when it's full... The glory hole is pretty crazy. Last I looked, when I was last by the lake, it wasn't near full so you could see the pipe really good. I never knew that lake had fish in it until I looked it up this year... Then again, I never got into fishing until about 8 months ago. - Ariel