Spawn already!!!!!

B
bernduffy
Hagg Lake= 57 degrees yesterday.
Bass catching is definitely also picking up in the Lower Willamette and the Molalla.

F
Finneus Polebender
brandon4455 said:
fishing for bedding bass is the equivelant of flossing spawners isn't it? :lol:

Thinkin there is a bit of a diff between sight fishin for a bite and dredging the unkown w/ a treble hook bud, guess I am missing the point . Besides bad juju to keep a bass trust me on that one , so I can't see the harm if they are quickly released back to thier home.

brandon4455
brandon4455
Finneus Polebender said:
Thinkin there is a bit of a diff between sight fishin for a bite and dredging the unkown w/ a treble hook bud, guess I am missing the point . Besides bad juju to keep a bass trust me on that one , so I can't see the harm if they are quickly released back to thier home.

yeah. it was sort of a joke and question at the same time lol. with that said im ready to catch some biggun lunkers here pretty soon. im buying some jigs tomorrow and im ready!

T
tomriker
Better get out there and start fishin if you want to catch anything!

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
better get out there and start fishin if you want to catch anything!

truth

K
Kevinb5688
White twin tail 4" yamaoto grub with red painted bullet weight pegged. Best bait for getting those big bedding bass to bite.
Watched a pro tourney a few weeks back and the winner used this to catch spawing females, so i bought some and painted some bullet weights. It really caught the bass that wouldnt hit my jig or brush hawg. Try it out guys!

S
specreck
i'm looking forward to horton or hult pond near triangle lake. I'm surprised to see how many people know about it. We've had 40+ fish days there per person later in the summer. It seemed like that lake went into spawn real late last year. I watched a monster try to swallow a turtle as it spooked off a log last year. I think the lake is over populated with bass just by the shear number and small size of the majority of the bass. Outstanding fishing for large native cutthroat. if anybody has been up there yet this year let me know we might go tomorrow.

K
Kevinb5688
specreck said:
i'm looking forward to horton or hult pond near triangle lake. I'm surprised to see how many people know about it. We've had 40+ fish days there per person later in the summer. It seemed like that lake went into spawn real late last year. I watched a monster try to swallow a turtle as it spooked off a log last year. I think the lake is over populated with bass just by the shear number and small size of the majority of the bass. Outstanding fishing for large native cutthroat. if anybody has been up there yet this year let me know we might go tomorrow.

Ya waters cold there, i thought it would be good for a off tourney just got to get people to go.

C
colbypearson
all these posts about dottie make me want to go break the state record, i bought a 7-11 XH SBR today lol.....

brandon4455
brandon4455
colbypearson said:
all these posts about dottie make me want to go break the state record, i bought a 7-11 XH SBR today lol.....

lmao prepared much? go get em!

K
Kevinb5688
colbypearson said:

I think i asked you before colby but what would you do this time if you break the state record? Would you make it so it goes in the books this time?

C
colbypearson
Kevinb5688 said:
I think i asked you before colby but what would you do this time if you break the state record? Would you make it so it goes in the books this time?

i would try, but i want the state record because i want it not because i want to get my name in a piece of paper, if i get it out of the boat i will have a livewell atleast if thats the case then you bet.... the only way im gonna keep the record until it dies, if i ever do get the chance again is if it wont swim away and comes belly up after trying all i can....

T
tomriker
i went out today, caught a few and saw some real PIGS bedding up, didn't even bother trying to catch em though. did catch one nice female and a male too but the wife got bored and wanted to come home. water is still only 56 degrees

brandon4455
brandon4455
tomriker said:
i went out today, caught a few and saw some real PIGS bedding up, didn't even bother trying to catch em though. did catch one nice female and a male too but the wife got bored and wanted to come home. water is still only 56 degrees

well,soudns like you had a decent day, sucks the water won't warm up. when it gets a wee bit warmer those fish will be on the spawn in a matter of minutes.

T
Texas Basser
Hit the pond off of NW Expressway and Maxwell in Eugene today. Got skunked! Saw some huge carp right off the bank but no LMB at all.... I threw everything I had at em' today. Anyone ever fish that pond? Not sure of the exact water temp but it is still pretty chilly. I might hit up Delta ponds or horton next weekend...

K
Kevinb5688
Texas Basser said:
Hit the pond off of NW Expressway and Maxwell in Eugene today. Got skunked! Saw some huge carp right off the bank but no LMB at all.... I threw everything I had at em' today. Anyone ever fish that pond? Not sure of the exact water temp but it is still pretty chilly. I might hit up Delta ponds or horton next weekend...

I used to live near the store on maxwell, i walked to that pond more than i can remember. Ive caught 5lb bass in there. Good catfish and crappie too. Crankbaits up the rock ledges work great. The highway side is best when the winds blowing on it. I shoot the carp with my bow/reel there to get rid of those trash fish. I think im going to go there in a couple weeks, see what i can catch

C
colbypearson
i got an 8lbr that had fanning marks but it wasn't on a bed it was on an outside weedline in 15' i think the bedfish got pushed back out since it got cold again.

T
Texas Basser
Kevinb5688 said:
I used to live near the store on maxwell, i walked to that pond more than i can remember. Ive caught 5lb bass in there. Good catfish and crappie too. Crankbaits up the rock ledges work great. The highway side is best when the winds blowing on it. I shoot the carp with my bow/reel there to get rid of those trash fish. I think im going to go there in a couple weeks, see what i can catch

Where do you park when you fish the highway side? I parked near the park and hopped the fence. I tried to sneak around to the highway side but was unable to make it all the way around because of the brush. I was going to park right of the side road but a sign was posted that read "authorized vehicles only"...

K
Kevinb5688
Texas Basser said:
Where do you park when you fish the highway side? I parked near the park and hopped the fence. I tried to sneak around to the highway side but was unable to make it all the way around because of the brush. I was going to park right of the side road but a sign was posted that read "authorized vehicles only"...

If you are at the store on maxwell drive on the road straight across from it and park at the first pull out you see, theres a hole in the fence someone cut right there. Walk in it and there should be a trail that goes around the side of the pond to the highway side. I am usually the one who brings a machette a cuts the winter growth so it might be a little brushy. Or you can park there and walk around on the main road to the highway side( easiest way ).

K
Kevinb5688
Went down to a slew off the long tom river yesterday, caught a 1.5 lb crappie off a brush hawg. Lol they must be getting ready to spawn. I got a new hat camera i tried out. Got good video of a few 3lb bass and. A 6+ lb fish i lost in some logs. Good times. The bass are in the shallows,2ft of water.