Spawn already!!!!!

T
tomriker
i was going to go out and fish today behind my plae today too, but then i got lazy and a nap sounded more interesting:cool:

T
TTFishon
tomriker said:
i was going to go out and fish today behind my plae today too, but then i got lazy and a nap sounded more interesting:cool:

lol

C
colbypearson
i could have bed fished today but i dont really like bed fishing much, saw a few 2-4lbrs on beds.

K
Kevinb5688
Ya i release the fish right back over there beds. They go sit right back on em. I dont really think its right to take to long with the fish and/or keep them.

C
colbypearson
Kevinb5688 said:
Ya i release the fish right back over there beds. They go sit right back on em. I dont really think its right to take to long with the fish and/or keep them.

ya thats cool i just dont like the concept of picking 1-4lbrs off beds just for fun, I would almost rather fish hookless baits just to see how they react to each one and why, if you get them to bite it you win lol, i just never thought it was necissary to pull them out of the water while they are doing their thing, you know? Plus here there is enough idiots pestering the less times they get caught the better, it sounds like a broken record but they are doing something they were designed to do and dont really know any better, bedfishing can be tough but its not really like fishing to me sure you can be good at it or not so good at it but its not really the point the fish is trying to protect and maintain the population and is willing to attack anything that comes into its zone... sorry for the little rant its super fun to do sometimes but i never got much into it haha!

T
tomriker
I Went down to my parents house and decided to fish off the dock for a few minutes and caught 3 all were males too Which supprised me. And where I was fishing was deep so the females must all be moving up at my place too

F
Finneus Polebender
brandon4455 said:
for christ sake ill just put the article up if colby dosen't mind it... near the bottom of the article it says "the math says 12.75 pounds" Record bass set free at Hyatt Lake | MailTribune.com

Kinda figured it was the one he turned back , I commend his sportsmanship and deeply respect his decision to release a new record, however the record from Ballenger stands most likely until Colby beats it again . the rules have changed now can not count a fish from private waters as a state record any longer. Will be interested in a tourney private or public and great point on the bedding bass have always been told to get them right back .

Last edited:
C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
the rules have changed now can not count a fish from private waters as a state record any longer. Will be interested in a tourney private or public and great point on the bedding bass have always been told to get them right back .

i might know where to get one.... we will see if its going down i got less than a month starting right now to go do it, fingers crossed? LOL

brandon4455
brandon4455
saw few fish in around 5-7ft of water hiding near submerged and floating logs. water was at 54degrees at the warmest point of the day. they looked at the bait of confidence like it was a joke evertime i pitched it to them :lol:

T
tomriker
i bet it'd be fun to throw those 316 swimbaits and just rig it up w/out a hook and see if they'll try to eat the 8 inch swimbaits

C
colbypearson
tomriker said:
i bet it'd be fun to throw those 316 swimbaits and just rig it up w/out a hook and see if they'll try to eat the 8 inch swimbaits

i did that today lol, like i said i would rather see how they react to a hookless bait than catch them on something simple

brandon4455
brandon4455
fishing for bedding bass is the equivelant of flossing spawners isn't it? :lol:

T
Texas Basser
On saturday afternoon I hit up Kirk pond just north of Fern Ridge. Bank access is rough and didn't see much action at all. All of my bass gear is still back in TX and my wife has set a spending limit on my new gear! I'll should have a respectable tackle box in the coming weeks!

K
Kevinb5688
I throw hookless baits to see what gets the big female going, bluegill style swimbaits really get them going, but with hooks its hard to catch them because they just mouth the bait to move it away. Bass are so amazing and unpredictable!

K
Kevinb5688
colbypearson said:
i might know where to get one.... we will see if its going down i got less than a month starting right now to go do it, fingers crossed? LOL

If you did catch yet another state record would you livewell it to a certified scale and have it official? I think it would be fine you brought it back by livewell and released it. Either way i really really give you props for keeping the fish alive, it would be hard to turn down the record books. Would look good on your fishing achivement list. Lol
I caught a fish that was over 8 lbs and all my friends with me said put it on the wall, they thought i was crazy when i kissed it and let it swim away. Im just glad you dont have to kill a fish for the state record title. Bass fishing has came a long way!

T
tomriker
since i always fish in a private pond and it doesn't "count" as a state record if i caught one that big I always tell everyone i'd get it stuffed

H
Hawk
tomriker said:
since i always fish in a private pond and it doesn't "count" as a state record if i caught one that big I always tell everyone i'd get it stuffed

Take pictures & get all the measurements,including girth, then an artistic taxidermist can make you a lifelike replica. Therefore the fish can live to spread it's good genes. :D:cool:

brandon4455
brandon4455
Hawk said:
Take pictures & get all the measurements,including girth, then an artistic taxidermist can make you a lifelike replica. Therefore the fish can live to spread it's good genes. :D:cool:

exactly :clap:

K
Kevinb5688
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Heres a good reason to catch a bass and let it go, this guy caught the world record bass after catching it the year before at 21lbs and releasing it.(to bad it didn't count). He had a lot of respect for fish and more dedication than most. If you havnt watched this its a great story.( and note he had a replica mount made of the fish).

H
Hawk
Kevinb5688 said:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Heres a good reason to catch a bass and let it go, this guy caught the world record bass after catching it the year before at 21lbs and releasing it.(to bad it didn't count). He had a lot of respect for fish and more dedication than most. If you havnt watched this its a great story.( and note he had a replica mount made of the fish).

I don't see it. I don't think this is the right link bro.