Brown trout in Willamtte Zone

M
mahmichael
Hi guys,

I've in Oregon for 3 years now and I enjoyed every second of it. I'll most likely leave Oregon in Fall without catching a brown trout! :(
Do you know of a lake or river that has brown trout in it? I live in Corvallis so somewhere close to that would be great. I know Davis lake has them but thats too far for me!

Regards

troutdude
troutdude
Mike,

The closet place that comes to mind, is Suttle Lake. It's out Hwy. 34/20, well past Foster/Green Peter. It's about 1.5 hours one way from Corvallis. But, if you're gonna go that far...might as well go another, 10-20 minutes to the Metolius!

WORD: Link Creek, a trib of Suttle Lake, is Closed to all fishing. The lake is open all year. I'd try casting and retrieving any plug, that resembles a small kokanee.

Last edited:
F
FishNinja
Suttle is a great spot to catch a brown. Harriet lake is a bit further but is well worth the drive. If it was winter and really rainy you could just hit the Willamette. They have a huge run after major storms. Lol

bass
bass
FishNinja said:
If it was winter and really rainy you could just hit the Willamette. They have a huge run after major storms. Lol

In the voice of obi wan kenobi: "These are not the brown trout you are looking for" :D

T
TTFishon
PM sent.

E
eugene1
Lol

bass said:
in the voice of obi wan kenobi: "these are not the brown trout you are looking for" :d

R
rippin fish lips
:popcorn:
bass said:
in the voice of obi wan kenobi: "these are not the brown trout you are looking for" :d

yes.