spinners for steelhead pen-tac, r&b lure or, fishermans shack

• pen-tac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • fishermans shack

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
V
viper0463
Ok I we would like to know what you guys prefer between these torpedo bodies and why?

pen-tac
r&b lures
fisherman's shack

thanks everyone.

J
JeannaJigs
R&B

great service, great product, fish killers. The quality cannot be duplicated. Pen-tac lures get beat to crap and look like it after a day of use.

B
bran_man
+1 ( also look into knd sprocket spinners. They are similar to blue fox but way better!)

R
rippin fish lips
bran_man said:
+1 ( also look into knd sprocket spinners. They are similar to blue fox but way better!)

Sprockets are just too fun! You will get addicted, and you can choose your own colors... make em custom, double blend the body colors... Color blades front or back. Your always in the strike zone with the sprocket spinners. R&B is another good quality product.

T
Throbbit _Shane
R&B is good. But from what iv heard their customer service is lacking.

KND Custom Tackle cares about their customers. And like said before the sprocket spinner is a very good spinner.

J
Jacks Tackle
I am gonna put this to rest! To say I don't care about my customers is complete garbage. I didn't build a business that feeds a family and raises 3 kids by selling garbage products or not caring about my customers.

I am a past sponsor on Ifish and have a disagreement with the new ownership so I am blocked from posting there. If it wasn't for that I could tell my side of the story and point out the half truths that were in that post. Fact of the matter was the customer in question was offered a refund twice. He was also offered an upgraded product that would have been double the value of his original order.. He passed on both. He had 2 orders with us. 1st was an order from his wife for Christmas. He DID receive that in time. Second was an order placed in December with a 20 day wait time when ordered. Unfortunately we had unforeseen issues with supply and lead times went longer then expected.

Dont believe everything you read when you only get one side.

To be perfectly honest, I have been doing this over 10 years. I have made some mistakes. 2 mistakes were recently brought to my attention and I have taken steps to correct these situations because I do care about my customers.

Now to say which torpedo is better? The answer is personal choice. All 3 are great spinner bodies, but different weights. Choose the one that fits your style of fishing and it will produce the best for you.

Last edited:
V
viper0463
Jacks Tackle said:
I am gonna put this to rest! To say I don't care about my customers is complete garbage. I didn't build a business that feeds a family and raises 3 kids by selling garbage products or not caring about my customers.

I am a past sponsor on Ifish and have a disagreement with the new ownership so I am blocked from posting there. If it wasn't for that I could tell my side of the story and point out the half truths that were in that post. Fact of the matter was the customer in question was offered a refund twice. He was also offered an upgraded product that would have been double the value of his original order.. He passed on both. He had 2 orders with us. 1st was an order from his wife for Christmas. He DID receive that in time. Second was an order placed in December with a 20 day wait time when ordered. Unfortunately we had unforeseen issues with supply and lead times went longer then expected.

Dont believe everything you read when you only get one side.

To be perfectly honest, I have been doing this over 10 years. I have made some mistakes. 2 mistakes were recently brought to my attention and I have taken steps to correct these situations because I do care about my customers

Now to say which torpedo is better? The ansr is personal choice. All 3 are great spinner bodies, butdifferent weights. Choose the one that fits your style of fishing and it will produce the best for you.

I didn't read or hear anything about poor customer service or not caring about customers. I actually wouldn't have cares if I had. I give people and companies a chance to prove themselves before I make a decision. I've not ordered from any of the companies listed because I don't know what would work good in Indiana rivers. I didn't want this thread to turn into a bashing thread and I don't listen to people who bash products of companies that I have not personally worked with. I have called r&b a year or so ago asking about buying lures and I never got around to buying them. The phone call went well and all my questions were answered and I was impressed with how I was treated. I hope to be able to try all the lures I've listed as well as the sprockets this year. Like I said before I'm just wanting to see what others prefer.

R
rippin fish lips
viper0463 said:
I didn't read or hear anything about poor customer service or not caring about customers. I actually wouldn't have cares if I had. I give people and companies a chance to prove themselves before I make a decision. I've not ordered from any of the companies listed because I don't know what would work good in Indiana rivers. I didn't want this thread to turn into a bashing thread and I don't listen to people who bash products of companies that I have not personally worked with. I have called r&b a year or so ago asking about buying lures and I never got around to buying them. The phone call went well and all my questions were answered and I was impressed with how I was treated. I hope to be able to try all the lures I've listed as well as the sprockets this year. Like I said before I'm just wanting to see what others prefer.

R&B and especially Knd sprockets would murder your steelhead and salmon runs

V
viper0463
rippin fish lips said:
R&B and especially Knd sprockets would murder your steelhead and salmon runs

I've already made contact with both companies. I plan on using both and seeing how I like them. I did notice the price of the sprockets are a bit higher than the others I've seen. I'm not saying they aren't worth the $1+ more per lure but when you lose a few a day that gets costly. I'm sure they are a quality product and I'll let everyone know what I think of both KND and R&B.

Thanks

V
viper0463
I do want to say that buying these semi custom spinners from these companies is still a savings over buying a blue Fox or mepps. I'm not dogging the prices I was just making a observation that is all.

H
hawgcaller
Really like the R&B blade colors and thickness! They thump good. Also, you might want to give their spoons a shot, they are killers as well.